The Hyderabad Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Hyderabad in Telangana, India. Currently Hyderabad Metro network has 56 active stations. Here you will get information about Hyderabad Metro such as metro lines, train starts from, train ends to, route map, top attractions in city nearby metro stations, interesting facts, fare chart, city metro news etc.
|Operator||Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR)|
|Operation start||29 November 2017|
|Number of lines||3 Metro Lines|
|Train length||3 coaches|
|No. of stations||56 Active Stations|
|Metro Timings||Starting: 06:30 AM |
Ending: 10:30 PM
Hyderabad Metro Fare Chart
|Distance (km)||Metro Fare (₹)||Smart Card Fare (₹)|
|0 to 2||10||9|
|2 to 4||15||13.5|
|4 to 6||25||22.5|
|6 to 8||30||27|
|8 to 10||35||31.5|
|10 to 14||40||36|
|14 to 18||45||40.5|
|18 to 22||50||45|
|22 to 26||55||49.5|
- The base fare is ₹10 for up to 2 km.
- There is 10% discount on all trips made through smart card.
- A smart card can be recharged for a minimum amount of ₹ 50 and maximum amount of ₹ 3000.
- The smart card can be recharged through TSavaari App, HMR Passenger website (www.ltmetro.com), or Paytm App.
- You must board the Metro train from the station where you have purchased the token.
- You have to enter Metro train platform within 30 minutes from the time of token purchase.
- You have to exit Metro train premises within 120 minutes from the time of token purchase.
- One child below 90cm is allowed to travel, without ticket, with an adult.
Interesting Facts about Hyderabad Metro
- The Hyderabad Metro is a rapid transit system, serving the city of Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail network will cover a total distance of around seventy two kilometers across three corridors.
- A 30 kilometres (19 mi) stretch from Miyapur to Nagole with 24 stations, was inaugurated on 28 November 2017 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Metro Rail Project was First initiated by then Chief Minister of United Andhra Pradesh state, N. Chandrababu Naidu in 2003.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) will operate on three distinct lines – Blue: Nagole to Raidurg, Green: Falaknuma to Parade Ground, and Red: Miyapur to LB Nagar.
- The mascot of Hyderabad Metro Rail is Niz. It was derived from the word Nizam, who ruled the princely state of Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Metro was adjudged as the Best Urban Mass Transit Project by the Government of India, in November 2018.
- Eco friendly, fully automated and best-in-class transportation framework that will contribute to reduction in carbon footprints and overall pollution using Regenerative Braking Technology (RBT) and running on Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) technology.
- HMR Connects major bus stations at Miyapur, MGBS, Koti, Dilsukhnagar, Charminar and Jubilee Bus Station, And integrate with existing rail terminals at Secunderabad, Begumpet and Nampally.
- 2018 Telugu film Devadas starring Nani and Rashmika Mandanna, was the first film to be shot in Hyderabad Metro.
- Various types of penalty imposed by Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR) in compliance with Metro Act are as Ticket less Travel, Over Travelling, Over Staying - Within station and Over Staying - Beyond origin station.
- Various types of penalty imposed for the offences in line with the provisions of the Metro Railways (Operations & Maintenance) Act, 2002. Penalty starts from Rs. 50 to Rs. 5000 and Imprisonment upto 10 years.
- The base fare is Rs.10 for up to 2 km. Max fare is Rs. 60 for more than 26 KM. There is 10% discount on all trips made through smart card.
- You may purchase a smart card or a token at an Automatic Vending Machine (AVM) machine or a ticketing office at all Metro stations.
- Hyderabad Metro Rail operates from 06:30 hrs to 22:00 hrs on weekdays and weekends from all terminal stations.
Top Attractions of Hyderabad City
|Attraction||Nearest Metro (Distance)|
|BM Birla Science Museum||Charminar (3.7 KM)|
|Charminar||Charminar (1.0 KM)|
|Choodi Bazaar||Salarjung Museum (1.2 KM)|
|Chowmahalla Palace||Charminar (1.5 KM)|
|Dialogue in the Dark||Madhapur (1.5 KM)|
|Durgam Cheruvu||Durgam Cheruvu (1.5 KM)|
|Eat Street||Punjagutta (0.2 KM)|
|Ferry Ride Tank Bund||Rasoolpura (2.8 KM)|
|Hatiyan Jhad Baobab Tree||Jubilee Hills Road No 5 (4.3 KM)|
|Hussain Sagar||Rasoolpura (2.8 KM)|
|Inorbit Mall||Durgam Cheruvu (1.5 KM)|
|KBR National Park||Jubilee Hills Check Post (0.5 KM)|
|KVR Botanical Garden||-|
|Lumbini Park||Khairatabad (1.3 KM)|
|Moula Ali||Habsiguda (4.1 KM)|
|Nehru Zoological Park||Falaknuma (5.3 KM)|
|Ohri's Gufaa||Lakdi Ka Pul (1.2 KM)|
|Ramoji Film City||-|
|Salar Jung Museum||Malakpet (0.9 KM)|
|Snow World||Assembly (2.1 KM)|
|Stone Waters||Jubilee Hills Road No 5 (1.2 KM)|