The Jaipur Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Jaipur in Rajasthan, India. Currently Jaipur Metro network has 9 active stations. Here you will get information about Jaipur Metro such as metro lines, train starts from, train ends to, route map, top attractions in city nearby metro stations, interesting facts, fare chart, city metro news etc.
Jaipur Metro Fare Chart
Last revised fare structure by Jaipur Metro Railway Administration, and effective from 01.06.2019 are as below:
|No. of Stations||Standard Fare or Off-peak Hours Fare|
|0 - 2 Stations||Rs. 6|
|3 - 5 Stations||Rs. 12|
|5 - 8 Stations||Rs. 18|
For the Store Value Card users, the fare shown in the above table shall be subject to the following discount:
|Less than Rs. 10||Nil|
|Rs. 10 or more but less than Rs. 20||10%|
|Rs. 20 or more||15%|
One-day Tour Card (which can be used on any one business day for unlimited number of trips. Fare Rs.50 + Refundable Security Deposite Rs.50.
Three-day Tour Card (which can be used on any three consecutive business days for unlimited number of trips. Fare Rs. 150 + Refundable Security Deposite Rs. 50.
Group Tickets will be issued to groups of more than 20 commuters, on their request, at a discount of 10%.
Interesting Facts about Jaipur Metro
- Jaipur Metro is a rapid transit system in the city of Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
- Jaipur Metro began commercial service between Chandpole and Mansarovar on 3 June 2015.
- The first line of the Jaipur Metro was opened to public by Vasundhara Raje, the Chief Minister of Rajasthan, on 3 June 2015.
- The responsibility of security of Jaipur Metro has been entrusted to Rajasthan Police..
- Jaipur Metro is the first metro in India to run on triple-storey elevated road and metro track.
- Among the Rapid Transit systems of India, Jaipur Metro has been recorded fastest to conduct of trial run after starting construction.
- Trains on the metro operate at a maximum speed of 80 km/h (50 mph), and an average speed of 32 km/h (20 mph). Maximum speed is limited to 42 km/h (26 mph) at curves.
- Jaipur Metro has been decorated by the artwork of heritage wall of Jaipur inside and outside of the Metro. Metro stations also have the same kind of artwork.
- JMRC offers attractive plans for celebrating Birthdays & organizing other events inside trains/ inside station. Also, exhibitions / sale promotion events can be organized inside JMRC Stations/ Land Parcels.
Top Attractions of Jaipur City
|Attraction||Nearest Metro (Distance)|
|Albert Hall Museum||Ajmeri Gate (2.1 KM)|
|Amar Jawan Jyoti||Civil Lines (2.4 KM)|
|Amber Fort and Palace||-|
|Anokhi Museum of Hand Printing||-|
|Bapu Bazar||Ajmeri Gate (1.8 KM)|
|Birla Mandir||Gandhi Nagar Mode (0.9 KM)|
|Central Park||Railway Station (4.1 KM)|
|Dolls Museum||Sawai Mansingh Stadium (1.0 KM)|
|Galtaji Temple||Chandpole (2.4 KM)|
|Govind Dev Ji Temple||Sindhi Camp (2.0 KM)|
|Jaipur Zoo||Ajmeri Gate (2.2 KM)|
|Jal Mahal||Ajmeri Gate (5.3 KM)|
|Jantar Mantar||Ajmeri Gate (2.0 KM)|
|Johari Bazaar||Ajmeri Gate (2.1 KM)|
|Moti Dungri||Gandhi Nagar Mode (0.7 KM)|
|Nahargarh Fort||Chandpole (1.4 KM)|
|Panna Meena ka Kund||-|
|Raj Mandir Cinema||-|
|Rambagh Palace||Civil Lines (2.9 KM)|
|Sisodia Rani Ka Bagh||-|