The Kochi Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Kochi in Kerala, India. Currently Kochi Metro network has 21 active stations. Here you will get information about Kochi Metro such as metro lines, train starts from, train ends to, route map, top attractions in city nearby metro stations, interesting facts, fare chart, city metro news etc.
|Operator||Kochi Metro Rail Ltd (KMRL)|
|Operation start||17 June 2017|
|Number of lines||1 Metro Lines|
|Train length||3 coaches|
|No. of stations||21 Active Stations|
|Metro Timings||Starting: 06:00 AM |
Ending: 10:00 PM
Kochi Metro Fare Chart
|Zone||Distance from Origin||Fare|
|F1||2 km||Rs. 10|
|F2||5 km||Rs. 20|
|F3||10 km||Rs. 30|
|F4||15 km||Rs. 40|
|F5||20 km||Rs. 50|
|F6||25 km||Rs. 60|
- Kochi Metro Line-1’s fares is fixed with a minimum fare of Rs. 10 and maximum of Rs 60.
- After issue, a single ticket is valid up to 90 minutes and the rider must exit at the destination station’s automatic gate by then.
Interesting Facts about Kochi Metro
- The Kochi Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Kochi in Kerala, India.
- Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) is a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) formed for the implementation of Kochi Metro Rail Project.
- The Kochi metro project is the first metro in the country which connects rail, road and water transport facilities.
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh laid the foundation stone for the Kochi Metro rail project in 2012 and line from Aluva to Palarivattom was opened to passengers on 17 June 2017 by Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India.
- It is the world's first rapid transit system whose entire management operations are handled by women.
- Every Kochi Metro station is designed on a specific theme around Kerala culture and geography.
- Kochi Metro has lots of innovation like Social inclusion, solar energy, vertical garden, plastic bottle recycling.
- Buy using Kochi 1 Card, you get 20% Discount on fare for every metro ride, also use your Card at any retail and online stores as well.
- KMRL currently runs services from 6 am to 10 pm by deploying Alstom metropolis trains on its Line-1.
- In February 2020, KMRL launched a daily feeder shuttle service for Rs. 50 from Aluva Station to Kochi Airport, with departures every 40 minutes.
- First feeder shuttle service starts at 5 am from the airport and at 5:40 am from Aluva Station. Last shuttle leaves at 10:30 pm from the airport and at 11:10 pm from Aluva Station.
- Kochi Metro Rail Ltd. (KMRL) fixed Kochi Metro Line-1’s fares in November 2016 with a minimum fare of Rs. 10 and maximum of Rs 60.
Top Attractions of Kochi City
|Attraction||Nearest Metro (Distance)|
|Ernakulathappan Temple||Maharaja College (0.6 KM)|
|Fort Kochi Beach||Maharaja College (5.3 KM)|
|Jew Town||Maharaja College (3.3 KM)|
|M.G. Road||MG Road (3.0 KM)|
|Marine Drive||Maharaja College (2.6 KM)|
|Mattancherry Palace||Maharaja College (3.2 KM)|