|Location||Bidhannagar, Kolkata (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||Timings:- This is Open all Days. Entry Fee:- No Entry Fee|
|Place Type||Park, Nature Sites and Parks|
|Place visit with||Friends, Family, Kids, Couples|
|Best time to visit||October, November, December, January, February, March|
About Central Park
Central Park, previously known as Laldighi, has a rich history dating back to the colonial era. It was originally a water tank built by the British in the 18th century, serving as a source of freshwater. In 1923, it was transformed into a public park and was renamed Central Park. Since then, it has been a prominent gathering place for the people of Kolkata.
Architecture of Central Park
The park features a well-maintained landscape with lush greenery, flowerbeds, and paved walkways. There's a prominent marble statue of Queen Victoria in the center, a relic from the British colonial period. The park's architecture is a blend of colonial and Indian influences, making it a delightful place for a leisurely stroll.
Interesting facts about Central Park
- Central Park is spread over approximately 5 acres, making it one of the largest parks in the city.
- It is a hub for cultural events, concerts, and gatherings, frequently hosting various activities and exhibitions.
- The park is known for its serene ambiance, making it a favorite spot for morning and evening walks.
- Central Park is home to various food stalls, offering delicious street food and snacks.
- The park has been a witness to many historic events and social gatherings over the years.
How to reach Central Park
By Road: Central Park is well-connected by roads and can be easily reached by private vehicles or taxis.
By Train: The nearest railway station is Howrah Railway Station, which is around 5 kilometers away.
By Air: Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport is the closest airport, situated approximately 18 kilometers from Central Park.
By Bus: Kolkata has an extensive bus network, and several bus routes pass near Central Park.
By Kolkata Metro: The nearest metro station is Esplanade, from which the park is a short walk away.
Nearby famous places
- Victoria Memorial - 2 km
- Indian Museum - 1 km
- Birla Planetarium - 3 km
- St. Paul's Cathedral - 2.5 km
- Maidan - 1.5 km
- Howrah Bridge - 4 km
- Dakshineswar Kali Temple - 15 km