Do's & Don'ts
Do's & don'ts while traveling in Metro:
- Keep before yellow line (generally have all platform) before boarding.
- Keep gap and distance from doors to allow passengers to board the train.
- Follow instructions of Station staff at the platforms, if they ask to so.
- Take care of your loose items like Saree, Dupatta, Dhoti and Bag etc. while boarding and de-boarding the train.
- Take care of your Bag/Purse/Luggage/Mobile while traveling or waiting at metro stations.
- Inform train operator in case any passenger/article stuck between train doors by pressing Passenger Emergency Alarm button/Handle.
- Take care and keep eye on the children & infants while traveling with them.
- Do not push co-passengers while boarding or alighting.
- Do not make noise or play music openly in train and metro premise.
- Do not fight with other passengers, if there is any issue get help from metro security.
- Do not try to enter/exit when train doors are closing better late than never.
- Do not obstruct the closing of the train doors.
- Show your metro smart card or token at the entry gate for the opening of flaps.
- Show your metro smart card or drop your token in exit gate for opening of flaps.
- Use of smart card gives you 10% discount on travel fee.
- Please ensure that entry on a travel smart card is followed by a valid exit from the system. In case of mismatch penalty will be payable as per Business rule of metro department.
- Carrying token beyond exit gate is a punishable offence and attracts a fine or imprisonment.
- The refund of unused token can be returned within 60 minutes of purchase from purchasing station only.
Let’s Fight COVID-19, Together!
Follow the protocol given below for a safe ride:
- Wearing a MASK is mandatory for all passengers while in Metro premises.
- Entry at stations only after hand sanitization and thermal screening.
- Use a Smart Card for travel, which can be recharged digitally/online.
- Social distancing norms to be followed while using lifts and escalators.
- Passengers to sit on alternate seats in the train and while standing maintain appropriate distance.
- Let people alight first and then board the train, the train will stop for extra time.
- Carry all your belongings in hand or baggage during security frisking.
- Passengers having temperature or symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to travel.
Metro News & Updates
Absenceof uniform last mile connectivity and many regular passengers now working and studying from home is hitting footfalls in Metro stations. Some 18 of the 39 stations in the city, including those on arterial Anna Salai and Poonamallee High Road, cater to less than 1,000 passengers a day.
Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (MMRC) started installation of first escalator at MIDC Station. In all, 414 escalators for Metro-3 corridor will be manufactured, supplied and provided by Yuanda Royal Consortium and SJEC Johnson Consortium.
In the wake of farmers' protest at the Parliament, the DMRC has directed the authorities to put seven metro stations on alert. These seven metro stations may also be shut, if the protests by farmers turn violent. The Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM), an umbrella body of over 40 farmer unions, has planned that around 200 farmers will hold protests outside parliament every day during the monsoon session. The seven metro stations that may be shut for farmers' protest are Janpath, Lok Kalyan Marg, Patel
The City and Industrial Development Corporation (CIDCO), the nodal agency for the development of Navi Mumbai, has issued a Letter of Acceptance to Maha Metro (Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited) for operation and maintenance services of Metro Line 1 of Navi Mumbai Metro for 10 years.
Read more news and updates
Kochi Metro services will operate from 7 am to 9 pm from Monday, considering the gradual increase in number of commuters during the past fortnight. Trains will operate every 10 minutes during peak hours and every 15 minutes during off-peak hours, from Monday to Friday. They will operate from 8 am to 8 pm on Saturdays and Sundays, while trains will operate at 30 mins frequency.