|Near Dairy Farm, Yendada Nursery, Visakhapatnam, Visakhapatnam (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Indira Gandhi Zoological Park open from 09:00 am to 05:00 pm, Entry fee for adult Rs 20 and child Rs 10.
|Zoo, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April
About Indira Gandhi Zoological Park
Indira Gandhi Zoological Park situated in the lap of Kambalakonda Forest Reserve is home to many species of flora and fauna. The Zoological Park was named after the former Prime Minister of India and was opened to visitors on 19 May 1977. The park is divided into different sections such as carnivores, primates, ungulates, mammals and birds.
With a separate section consisting of butterflies and moths, the zoo also houses several species of snakes and reptiles such as pythons, land tortoises, terrapins, monitor lizards, crocodiles and alligators.
Architecture of Indira Gandhi Zoological Park
The Indira Gandhi Zoological Park is spread over 625 acres and is home to around 80 species of wildlife, making it one of the largest zoological parks in Andhra Pradesh.
Interesting facts about Indira Gandhi Zoological Park
- There is also a mini train inside the park to visit all the complexes.
- The park has an education center called 'Bioscope' which works towards raising awareness among people about protecting wildlife.
- Various competitions are organized in the zoo for school children and these include quiz competitions, debate, drawing and essay writing competitions.
- It is a huge zoo, and it has an abundance of herbs.
- The zoo park has separate sections for primates, carnivores, less carnivores, small mammals, reptiles, ungulates and birds.
- In this zoo one can see many animals like tiger, white tiger, lion, peacock, deer, monkey, bear, giraffe, many birds, butterfly etc. The hippopotamus is a special attraction of the zoo.
How to reach Indira Gandhi Zoological Park
By Rail:- The nearest railway station to the park is Visakhapatnam railway station, which is at a distance of 11 km, from here you can easily take a rickshaw to the park.
By Road:- You can also choose the road route to go to the park, which will be easy for you, you can go to the park by rickshaw, auto or bus.
Nearby famous places
- Yarada Beach
- Gangavaram Beach
- Bheemunipatnam Beach
- Kondakarla Ava Beach
- RK Beach
- Bheemili Beach