|Location||Chinna Waltair, Paanduranga Puram, Visakhapatnam, Visakhapatnam (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||Open from 02:00 pm to 08:30 pm, on sunday 10:00 am to 12:30 pm, 02:00 pm to 08:30 pm (Monday close), Entry fee for adult Rs 40 and child Rs 20.|
|Place Type||Submarine Museum, Museum and Gallery|
|Place visit with||Family, Friends|
About INS Kursura Submarine Museum
INS Kurusur Submarine Museum, Visakhapatnam is located on the beach of Rama Krishna, which was built by the Russians in the year 1969. The museum depicts the life inside a submarine and the difficulties faced by a submarine at sea. INS Kurusur served the Indian Navy for 31 years and was then converted into a museum in 2001.
The museum has about 6 guides who explain the history and activities of the submarine in detail to the visitors. The beautiful views of the clear blue waters and golden sands on the beach serve as a perfect location for the Submarine Museum.
Architecture of INS Kursura Submarine Museum
INS Kurusur submarine is 91.3 meters long and 8 meters wide. This USSR Make, Class I-641 submarine has a displacement of 1945 tons. It has a diving depth of 280 meters and can accommodate about 77 sailors at a time. It has 22 torpedoes, 3 diesel engines, 448 batteries and reaches a speed of 15.5 knots.
Interesting facts about INS Kursura Submarine Museum
- INS Kurusur is the fifth submarine of India and was commissioned in December 1969.
- Various parts of the submarine like radar room, sonar room, control room and weapons used during the war are on display in this museum.
- The museum houses artifacts, paintings and articles that share the stories of warriors' strength, sacrifice and patriotism.
- This well-maintained museum is a great source of knowledge as well as entertainment and inspires the youth to be a part of the elite group of the Indian Navy.
How to reach INS Kursura Submarine Museum
By Bus:- The nearest bus stop to the Submarine Museum is RK which is at a distance of 1.4 km. You can take a rickshaw to reach the museum.
By Rail:- Visakhapatnam Railway Station is near the submarine museum which is 6.1 km away.
By Air:- Visakhapatnam International Airport is 14.7 km away from the Submarine Museum. From here you can easily book a cab to reach the Submarine Museum.
Nearby famous places
- Rama Krishna Beach 0.2 km away
- Kalimata Temple 0.2 km away
- Visakha Museum 0.5 km away
- Aura Spa 0.8 km away
- Beach Road 0.8 km away
- Matsya Darshini 1.2 km away
- Borra Caves 3.9 km away
- Victory at Sea War Memorial 1.5 km away
- Dew Spa (Novotel Visakhapatnam Varun Beach) 1 km away
- Kailasagiri 3.8 km away
- Andhra University 1.7 km away
- Meghavi Wellness Spa (Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam) 1.8 km away