|Location||Sindhi Camp, Jaipur (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||Timings:- The museum is open on all days of the week from 11 am to 6 pm. It remains closed on Sundays.|
|Place Type||Art museum, Museums|
|Place visit with||Family, Friends, Kids|
|Best time to visit||January, November, December, January, February, March|
|Nearest Metro||Sindhi Camp Metro Station (1 KM)|
About Amrapali Museum
Amrapali Museum is a museum located in Jaipur, Rajasthan dedicated to Indian jewelery and decorative objects. It was inaugurated on 20 January 2018. The museum is a venture of Amrapali Jewels founders Rajeev Arora and Rajesh Ajmera. The museum houses the finest jewellery, hand-crafted antiques and exquisite artefacts showcasing the craftsmanship and rich tradition of Indian jewellery. The museum houses many different types of Indian jewelery making visual representations of the history of art and the jewelery making process. The collection ranges from tribal jewelery made of wood and metal to silver and gold pieces. It is an extensive collection that reflects how traditional craftsmanship has influenced modern and contemporary design sensibilities.
Architecture of Amrapali Museum
The museum complex is spread over 6,500 square feet. The museum is spread over two floors which are thematically divided into several different sections. The ground floor is organized around the theme of beauty and ornamentation and focuses mainly on ornaments and jewellery.
Interesting facts about Amrapali Museum
- Apart from jewellery, the museum has a large collection of diverse silver objects ranging from utilitarian to decorative and luxury objects.
- A huge chariot is displayed at the entrance of the museum, completely plated with silver.
- There are many silver ornaments displayed here which belong to different parts of India like Ladakh, Karnataka, Orissa, regions of Rajasthan and different communities.
- The museum also displays a number of distinctive male ornaments.
- The basement section is dedicated to showcasing the range of designs in Indian artistry and its application by the artisans.
How to reach Amrapali Museum
By Air:- The nearest airport to the museum is Sanganer Airport which is 11 km away.
By Train:- The nearest railway station to the museum is Ramganjmandi which is 2 km away.
By Bus:- The nearest bus station to the museum is Jaipur Bus Station which is 5 km away.
Nearby famous places
- Amer Palace 9.26 km away
- City Palace 2.5 km away
- Hawa Mahal 2.69 km away
- Jal Mahal 6.15 km away
- Jaipur Modern 290 meters away
- Sundar Palace Restaurant 412 meters away
- Mughal Kitchen 414 meters away
- Cosmo Creation 3.66 km away