|Kerala, Kochi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- The Beach are open to visitors from morning till evening. Entry Fee: The no entry fee to Andhakaranazhi Beach
|Beaches, Fun and Activity
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|September, October, November, December
About Andhakaranazhi Beach
Andhakaranazhi Beach holds historical significance as it was once a prominent port during the colonial era. It served as a trading hub for spices, coir, and other commodities. Today, it stands as a reminder of its rich past.
Interesting facts about Andhakaranazhi Beach
- The name "Andhakaranazhi" roughly translates to "the place where the blind man landed."
- It's a favorite spot for birdwatchers due to the presence of migratory birds.
- The beach is known for its golden sands and calm waters, making it a safe spot for swimming.
How to reach Andhakaranazhi Beach
By Road: You can reach Andhakaranazhi Beach by road via NH66. It's approximately 30 kilometers from Kochi city center, and you can hire a taxi or use local buses to get there.
By Train: The nearest railway station is the Ernakulam Junction Railway Station, which is well-connected to major cities in India. From there, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach the beach.
By Air: The nearest airport is Cochin International Airport, located about 43 kilometers away. You can hire a taxi or take a cab to reach the beach.
By Bus: Regular bus services operate from various parts of Kochi to Andhakaranazhi Beach.
Nearby famous places
- Cherai Beach: Approximately 15 km
- Fort Kochi: Approximately 30 km
- Marine Drive: Approximately 32 km
- Mattancherry Palace: Approximately 32 km
- Santa Cruz Basilica: Approximately 32 km
- Bolgatty Palace: Approximately 36 km