|Chottanikkara, Kochi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- The temple typically opens in the early morning and closes in the evening. Entry to the Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple is free for all devotees.
|Temple, Religious Place
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Married Couples, Solo, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|May, June, July, August
About Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple
The temple has a rich history dating back several centuries. It is believed to have been constructed in the 10th century. Legend has it that the temple was consecrated after the goddess appeared in the dream of a local king and requested him to build a shrine for her. The temple has since been a center of worship and devotion.
Architecture of Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple
The Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple features traditional Kerala-style architecture. It has a gopuram (tower) at the entrance, and the main sanctum sanctorum is adorned with intricate woodwork and carvings. The temple's architecture reflects the cultural and architectural heritage of Kerala.
Interesting facts about Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple
- The temple is famous for its healing powers and is visited by devotees seeking relief from various ailments, especially mental disorders.
- The main deity of the temple is believed to possess three forms: Maha Saraswati, Maha Lakshmi, and Maha Kali, representing the creative, preservative, and destructive aspects of the divine.
- The temple complex also includes shrines dedicated to Lord Shiva, Lord Ganesh, and Lord Ayyappa.
How to reach Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple
By Road: Chottanikkara is well-connected by road to Kochi and other major cities in Kerala. You can hire a taxi or use public transportation to reach the temple.
By Train: The nearest railway station to Chottanikkara is Ernakulam Junction, which is well-connected to major cities in India. From the station, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to reach the temple.
By Air: The nearest airport is Cochin International Airport, which is approximately 35 kilometers away from Chottanikkara. You can hire a taxi or take a bus from the airport to reach the temple.
By Bus: Chottanikkara is well-connected by bus services from various parts of Kerala.
Nearby famous places
- Pallipuram Fort - Approximately 43 kilometers from Chottanikkara.
- Hill Palace Museum - Approximately 4.7 kilometers from Chottanikkara.
- Marine Drive, Kochi - Approximately 17 kilometers from Chottanikkara.
- Kashi Art Cafe - Approximately 22.8 kilometers from Chottanikkara.
- Indo-Portuguese Museum - Approximately 22.5 kilometers from Chottanikkara.