|Marine Drive Walkway, Marine Drive, Ernakulam, Kochi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Marine Drive open 12:00 am to 11:59 pm every day, No entry fee.
|Beaches, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Married Couples, Unmarried Couples, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|May, June, July, August
|MG Road Metro Station (2 KM)
About Marine Drive
Marine Drive is a picturesque resort in Kochi, India. Marine Drive spans a distance of 140 meters from Jankar Jetty in the north to Ernakulam Boat Jetty in the south. In the 1980s, GCDA initiated the Kochi Marine Drive project, since then it has become a famous sightseeing destination for tourists and the local population. It is built in front of the backwaters, and is a popular hangout for the local population. Despite its name, no vehicles are allowed on the walkway.
Interesting facts about Marine Drive
- Marine Drive is slowly gaining ground as another busy retail hub. The bustling GCDA Commercial Complex along the coast is a kaleidoscope of many commercial establishments and other establishments, fast food and cafes, and numerous shops selling anything from perfumes to high-capacity refrigerators.
- Luxury apartments, elegant hotels and office buildings are located on either side of the main Shanmugam Road, which ends at the High Court Junction at the northern end, where the Rama Mohan Palace - the seat of the Kerala High Court - is located.
- Evening walks by the water are a favorite pastime. The splendidly constructed Marine Drive, which is a 3 kilometer long walking route on the banks of Vembanattu Kayal, will surely provide a pleasant experience to its visitors.
How to reach Marine Drive
By Railway:- The nearest railway station to Marine Drive is Ernakulam Railway Station, which is just 3 km away. It will take about twenty minutes or less to reach Marine Drive from the railway station.
By Air:- The nearest airport is Cochin International Airport, which is 29 km away.
By Bus:- By bus you can walk to the nearest stop, which is Kochi Bus Stop. Within the city, you can travel using the public transport system or take a cab if you prefer.
Nearby famous places
- Cherai Beach 7.9 km away
- Kuzhupilly Beach 3.9 km away
- Ayurdara 7.9 km away
- La Arcadia Iyengar Yoga Center 4.8 km away
- Puthuvype Beach 8.5 km away
- Cherai Ayurvedic Palace 8.8 km away
- Matsyafed Fish Farm 5.3 km away
- Ayurveda Treatment Centre 7.3 km away
- Paliam Nalukettu 8.1 km away
- Prakruthi Ayurveda Spa And Treatment Centre 7.3 km away
- Vypeekotta Seminary 8.1 km awa