|Location||Bidhannagar, Kolkata (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||Timings:- This is Open from 08:00 AM to 08:00 PM. Entry Fee:- Rs. 30/- per head.|
|Place Type||Park, Nature Sites and Parks|
|Place visit with||Friends, Family, Kids, Couples|
|Best time to visit||January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December|
About Nalban Boating Park
Nalban Boating Park was developed as a part of the East Kolkata Wetlands, which are internationally recognized as a Ramsar site due to their ecological significance. The park was created to promote eco-tourism and conserve the wetlands while offering visitors a chance to appreciate their natural beauty. It was inaugurated in 2002 and has since become a beloved destination for locals and tourists alike.
Interesting facts about Nalban Boating Park
- Nalban Boating Park covers an area of approximately 40 acres.
- Boating is the primary activity, with pedal boats and rowboats available for rent.
- The park is home to a variety of bird species, making it a birdwatcher's paradise.
- Visitors can enjoy picnics and unwind amidst the lush greenery.
- It is a plastic-free zone, promoting environmental sustainability.
How to reach Nalban Boating Park
By Road: Nalban Boating Park is well-connected by road. It is easily accessible via taxi, auto-rickshaw, or personal vehicle.
By Train: The nearest railway station is Sealdah, which is approximately 9 kilometers away. From there, you can hire a cab to reach the park.
By Air: The Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport is around 11 kilometers from the park. Taxis and rental cars are readily available at the airport.
By Bus: Several bus routes pass through Salt Lake City, providing easy access to the park.
By Kolkata Metro: The nearest metro station is the Salt Lake Sector V Metro Station, which is around 6 kilometers from Nalban Boating Park.
Nearby famous places
- Salt Lake Stadium: Approximately 3 km away.
- Nicco Park: Approximately 5 km away.
- Science City: Approximately 8 km away.
- Belur Math: Approximately 12 km away.
- Dakshineswar Kali Temple: Approximately 14 km away.
- Howrah Bridge: Approximately 12 km away.