|Mother Teresa Sarani, Kolkata, Kolkata (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Park Street is open from 08:00 am to 09:00 pm all days in week. No entry fee.
|Street Market, Shopping Place
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April, May, June
|Chandni Chowk Metro Station (2 KM) Esplanade Metro Station (2 KM) Park Street Metro Station (1 KM) Maidan Metro Station (1 KM) Rabindra Sadan Metro Station (1 KM) Netaji Bhavan Metro Station (2 KM) Sealdah Metro Station (2 KM) New Mahakaran Metro Station (2 KM)
About Park Street
Park Street is a famous street in the city of Kolkata, India. Officially known as Mother Teresa Sarani, the road ran through the deer park of Sir Eliza Impey Chief Justice of the Supreme Court in Calcutta from 1773â€“1789 hence the earlier name its current official name of Kolkata Municipal Corporation. It was given in honor of Mother Teresa Park Street is located in Central Kolkata.
Interesting facts about Park Street
- Most happening and important place in Kolkata. From restaurants to lounges to offices, this is the most important place in Kolkata. Strategically located in the heart of the city connecting old and new Kolkata.
- Walking this road takes you on a time trip where you see something that has been one of the most happening roads in India for more than a century.
- Park Street is the main hub of restaurants and bars and has an ambiance. This main shopping area is within walking distance of Newmarket. 100 roadside shops on the way to the market.
- The street was beautifully decorated with carols playing all around. People have been enjoying and enjoying the stalls selling street food and books. An event is organized in Allen Park with chocolates and other Christmas food stalls.
How to reach Park Street
By Airport:- Kolkata Airport is located about 13 km from Park Street metro station, from here you can take Ola or taxi.
By Railway:- The distance between Kolkata Railway Station and Park Street is 22 km. From here you can take taxi or auto.
By Road:- Generally taxi autos or buses ply here, with the help of which you can easily reach Park Street.
Nearby famous places
- Oxford Bookstore 1 minute away
- Tantra - The Park 2 minutes away
- Masters Collection Art Gallery 4 minutes away
- A to Z Cooking 4 minutes away
- Tour De Kolkata 8 minutes away
- Mystic Yoga Studio 5 minutes away
- Nehru Children's Museum 7 minutes away
- M P Birla Planetarium 7 minutes away
- Indian Museum (Jadu Ghar) 10 minutes away