|Location||JBS Haldane Ave, Mirania Gardens, East Topsia, Kolkata (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||Science City Town Cemetry is open from 09:00 am to 08:00 pm all days in week. Entry fee Rs 50 per person.|
|Place Type||Science Museum, Museum and Gallery|
|Place visit with||Family, Kids|
|Nearest Metro||Salt Lake Stadium Metro Station (4 KM) Phoolbagan Metro Station (4 KM)|
About Science City
Science City is a one of its kind science museum in the world where learning comes through entertainment. Science City was inaugurated on 1 July 1997. Developed by the National Council of Science Museums, it is one of the largest and finest in the world, presenting science and technology in a stimulating and engaging environment that is truly educational and enjoyable for people of all ages. With a mix of learning and fun, the center also dedicates a section to the spectacular aquatic world, where some of the most exotic fish and other marine species are kept in aquariums.
It is promoting science education in all the schools and organizing science activities in the school to inculcate creativity in the students.
Architecture of Science City
Science City is developed on a 50 acre land which used to be a dumping ground for the city's garbage for more than 100 years.
Interesting facts about Science City
- There is a musical fountain and plenty of food and drink options.
- The entrance brings you to a well-maintained garden with pool and animated sculptures inspired by the water.
- A cable car ride takes the visitors to the entire complex.
- It is one of the finest and largest science museums in the world and provides a fun way to learn science.
- There is a special section dedicated to the aquatic world in which you can learn every minute in detail about different water animals.
- The ground floor of Science City contains some optical illusions which are very interesting to look at.
How to reach Science City
By Bus:- Science City Bus Stand is at a distance of 2.8 kms.
By Rail:- The nearest railway station to Science City is Kamardanga Halt Railway Station which is 10.3 km away. From here one can take a rickshaw and easily go to Science City.
By Metro:- The nearest metro station to Science City is Rabindra Sadan Metro Station which is about 6.6 km away, you can hire a taxi from here.
Nearby famous places
- Birla Temple 3.2 km away
- South Park Street Cemetery 3.8 km away
- Eden Gardens 5.4 km away
- Spa by JW 2.6 km away
- Gariahat Market 3.3 km away
- Victoria Memorial Hall 5.3 km away
- Rabindra Sarovar 4.5 km away
- College Street (Boi Para) 5.2 km away
- Park Street 4.8 km away
- Sunshine 4.8 km away
- Howrah Bridge 6.5 km away
- Parashnath Jain Temple 4.7 km away
- Tangra Chinatown 1.8 km away