|Nagwa Rd, Assi ghat, Anandbagh, Dumraon Colony, Varanasi, Varanasi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Assi Ghat open 24 hours all days in week, No entry fee.
|Temple, Religious Place
|Place visit with
|Family, Married Couples, Friends, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|July, August, September
About Assi Ghat
Assi Ghat is a very famous tourist attraction in Varanasi. It is situated at the confluence of both the Ganges and the Asi rivers. The main tourist attractions of this ghat are the evening Ganga prayer rituals and boat rides. There is a huge Shiva Lingam under the Peepal tree, which has immense religious significance. For most visitors to Varanasi, it is known for being a place where foreign students, researchers and tourists stay for a long time.
Tourists gather in huge numbers to enjoy the panoramic sunset and sunrise view of the Ganges River from here. Assi Ghat is one of those ghats that is often visited during entertainment and festivals.
Interesting facts about Assi Ghat
- You can take a boat ride in the evening and watch the evening aarti at Dashashwamed Ghat.
- This ghat is the center of Varanasi as social, cultural and religious entertainment, it has the largest number of bathers every day.
- It is the southernmost ghat located near Banaras Hindu University, where yoga enthusiasts also do yoga.
- Assi Ghat is the heart of this holy city and a popular place to witness the spectacular aartis with bells amidst the recitation of morning verses.
How to reach Assi Ghat
By Air:- Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport is located at a distance of 30 km from Assi Ghat, from here you can book a cab and go to Ghat.
By Train:- Varanasi Junction is located within a distance of 5-6 kms from Assi Ghat, which offers good train connectivity with the nearby areas. From here you can easily take a rickshaw to the ghat.
By Road:- Varanasi is well connected by all roadways, you can take auto, rickshaw or taxi to reach Assi Ghat.
Nearby famous places
- Vinayak Music House1 minute away
- The Bed Silk & Pashmina 3 minutes away
- U.P. Cottage Emporium 4 minutes away
- Bala Ji Handicraft 5 minutes away
- Lal Ghat 4 minutes away
- Tulsi Ghat 4 minutes away
- N.M Emporium 4 minutes away
- Vasistha Yoga 4 minutes away
- SPARSA Ayurvedic Center 5 minutes away
- Banaras Art Gallery 5 minutes away
- Harmony Book Shop 5 minutes away