|Location||Amer Road, Devisinghpura, Amer, Jaipur (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||Timings: Ganesh Pol is generally open from dawn to dusk, allowing tourists to visit the Amer Fort complex during daylight hours. Entry Fee: It is Rs 35 per person for Indians and Rs 110 per person for foreign tourists to visit Ganesh Pol and Amer For|
|Place Type||Gateway, Monuments|
|Place visit with||Family, Friends|
|Best time to visit||October, November, December, January, Februay, March|
About Ganesh Pol Gateway
Ganesh Pol is one of the most stunning and magnificent entrance gates of Amer Fort and was built on the orders of Mirza Raja Jai Singh. Ganesh Pol, also known as "Ganesh Gate", was constructed in the 16th century during the reign of Maharaja Man Singh I. It was designed as the main entrance to the Amber Fort and was mainly used by royals and dignitaries visiting the fort. The gateway takes its name from the beautifully sculptured image of Lord Ganesha, the Hindu elephant-headed deity, which adorns its façade.
Architecture of Ganesh Pol Gateway
Ganesh Pol is a masterpiece of Rajput architecture, characterized by its intricately designed arched gateway and magnificent frescoes. The gateway displays a perfect blend of Mughal and Rajput architectural styles. The intricate details and ornate artwork on the surface of the entrance gate, including floral motifs, mythological scenes and depictions of celestial beings, make it a visual delight. The central archway is particularly notable, with its beautiful balconies and latticed windows that were used by royal women to watch the processions and festivities below. The entire structure reflects the prosperity and grandeur of the Rajput rulers.
Interesting facts about Ganesh Pol Gateway
- Ganesh Pol is an important architectural gem within the Amer Fort complex and is known for its exquisite design and artwork.
- The entrance is named after Lord Ganesha, the remover of obstacles, and the image of Lord Ganesha is intricately carved on the gate.
- It was constructed during the reign of Maharaja Man Singh I and served as the main entrance to the Amer Fort for the royal soldiers.
- The frescoes and artworks on the Ganesha Pol depict scenes from Hindu mythology, royal processions and divine beings.
- Ganesh Pol is a popular attraction for both history lovers and architectural connoisseurs visiting Jaipur.
How to reach Ganesh Pol Gateway
By Road: Jaipur is well connected by road to major cities of India. To reach Ganesh Pol, you can hire a taxi or take a local bus from the city center to the Amer Fort complex.
By Train: Jaipur Junction is at a distance of 5 km from Pol. From there, you can hire a taxi to reach Amer Fort.
By Air: Jaipur International Airport is the nearest airport, approximately 27 kilometers away. You can take a domestic flight to Jaipur and then use local transport to reach the Amer Fort complex.
Nearby famous places
- Jaigarh Fort1 km away
- City Palace11 km away
- Hawa Mahal 11 km away
- Jantar Mantar 11 km away
- Nahargarh Fort 12 km away
- Albert Hall Museum 12 km away
- Jal Mahal 14 Kms away