|Location||Bhawani Singh Rd, Rambagh, Jaipur, Jaipur (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||Rambagh Palace is open from 09:00 am to 05:30 pm all in days. Entry fee for Indian Rs 50, for foreigner Rs 100.|
|Place Type||Palace, Monument|
|Place visit with||Family, Friends|
|Best time to visit||October, November, December, January, February, March|
|Nearest Metro||Civil Lines Metro Station (3 KM) Railway Station Metro Station (4 KM)|
About Rambagh Palace
Rambagh Palace is a palace located in Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan but at present it is a hotel. Rambagh Palace, also known as 'The Jewel of Jaipur', will surely make you feel like a king with its grandeur and splendid beauty.
Rambagh Palace was built around the year 1835 for Kesar Bardan, the then favorite maid of the queen. However, it was later converted into a palace and used as the residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur.
Architecture of Rambagh Palace
Rambagh Palace was expanded in the 20th century by making some designs by "Samuel Swinton Jacob". This palace made of sandstone and marble is a fine example of the wonderful art of that time. Spread over 47 acres of land, the exterior and interior of Rambagh Palace are equally royal.
Interesting facts about Rambagh Palace
- Rambagh Palace has been home to several generations of royalty â€“ guests are bound to get a taste of the royal heritage in this palace in the heart of Jaipur, a true epitome of architectural excellence.
- In the early years, the hotel was run by the royal family, but later the management of the hotel was handed over to the Taj Hotel Resorts and Palaces. In this day and age, it is one of the crown jewels of the Taj group.
- Featuring rich textures and exquisite designs, visiting the palace is one of the best things to do in Jaipur and takes you back in time and relives the royal past of Rajasthan.
- A fun fact about the palace is that it is home to peacocks in greenery and can escort you during morning or evening walks. One will surely have the best time of your life while visiting this magnificent attraction.
How to reach Rambagh Palace
By Railway:- Nearest to Taj Rambagh Palace is Bais Godam Railway Station which is at a distance of 2 km.
By Road:- The Palace is at a distance of 8 km from the main Jaipur city. Taxis and auto-rickshaws are available from Jaipur to take you to the palace.
By Metro:- Nearest to Taj Rambagh Palace is Narayan Singh Circle Metro Station which is at a walking distance of 1 km.
From Airport:- The nearest airport to Rambagh Palace, Jaipur is Jaipur (JAI) Airport which is 7.7 km away. From here you can take taxi or auto as per your convenience.
Nearby famous places
- Sawai Mansingh Stadium 7 minutes away
- Moti Dungri Temple 19 minutes away
- Birla Mandir Temple 18 mins away
- Central Park 22 minutes away
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh Park 13 mins away
- New Maharaja Gem Palace 3.4 km away
- Albert Hall Museum 1.9 km away
- Govind Devji Mandir 3.7 km away