|Marudhamalai Rd, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, P N Pud, Coimbatore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|The TNAU Botanical Gardens opens all day between 8:00 AM to 11:15 PM. The entry fee is Rs 10.
|Park & Garden, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Solo, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April, May, June
About TNAU Botanical Gardens
TNAU Botanical Garden was established in 1925. This garden is located in the campus of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University in Coimbatore. Spread over 300 acres of land, this garden has many types of trees and plants, which have been given a scientific name along with their common name. Many people visit this place to get more information about plants like herbs and shrubs.
At the TNAU Botanical Garden, visitors can see a large number of roses, marigolds, carnations, chrysanthemums and lilies. It is one of the important gardens in Tamil Nadu and also the foremost of the Institutional gardens in India.
Architecture of TNAU Botanical Gardens
Spread across 47 acres, the garden has over 800 species of flora, both exotic and native, and serves as an education hub for botanists and the general public.
Interesting facts about TNAU Botanical Gardens
- The Botanical Garden not only serves as a place of conservation but also deals with aesthetic and therapeutic aspects for students, townspeople and the urban public.
- The park has a diverse and rich collection of native and exotic flora representing about 800 species.
- Beside this bay of flowers there are vast stretches of lush green lawn with shrubs of roses, yellow and orange Tecoma flowers.
- The park has many swings and colorful slides for children where children can enjoy a lot.
- Other attractions include a Bambusetum with 15 species of bamboo, a rock garden with cacti species and a palmatum with diverse palm species.
How to reach TNAU Botanical Gardens
By Bus:- Near TNAU Botanical Gardens is Periyanaikanapalayam Bus Stop which is 1.4 km away.
By Rail:- TNAU Botanical Gardens is at a distance of 5 km from Coimbatore Junction, you can take a rickshaw to the Garden from here.
By Air:- Coimbatore International Airport is 14.2 km away from TNAU Botanical Gardens. You can easily reach the Garden by booking a cab.
Nearby famous places
- Avanika Ayurvedic 0.8 km away
- Gass Forest Museum 0.9 km away
- Wisdom Getaway Holiday Planner 1.8 km away
- The Royal Health Spa 0.9 km away
- Brookefields Mall 2.3 km away
- Green Day Spa 1 km away
- Arulmigu Patteeswarar Swamy Temple 5 km away
- Kovai Comfort Travels 1.1 km away
- Indira Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park 1.5 km away