|Location||Sohna, Gurgaon (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||It is open from 09:30 am to 06:00 am, No entry fee.|
|Place Type||Lake, Nature Sites and Parks|
|Place visit with||Friends, Couples, Family|
|Best time to visit||August, September, October, November, December, January, February, March|
|Nearest Metro||Sector 55 56 Metro Station (14 KM) Sector 54 Chowk Metro Station (14 KM)|
About Damdama Lake
Damdama Lake is one of the natural lakes of Haryana. It was constructed in 1947 by the British who commissioned a stone and earthen dam for rainwater harvesting. The lake is fed mainly by monsoon rains pouring into a trough.
Damdama Lake is also good for adventure activities, rock climbing can be enjoyed at Damdama Lake near the Aravalli Hills. The lake welcomes visitors with water levels up to 20 feet (6.1 m). The water level reaches 50 feet (15 m) - 70 feet (21 m) during the monsoons.
Interesting facts about Damdama Lake
- Damdama Lake is spread in the shape of amoeba and has many branches.
- The climate of the lake is moderate and is suitable for visiting at any time of the year. There are a good number of birds including the painted stork and spoon billed stork.
- The climate of the lake is beautiful surrounded by small hills which probably form the catchment area.
- The climate is generally hot during summers, with temperatures reaching up to 45-47 Â°C.
How to reach Damdama Lake
By Bus:- There is Princess Park Sector 6 Bus Station near Damdama Lake, which is 7 minutes walking distance, from here you will get a comfortable bus.
By Metro:- Near Damdama Lake metro station is Dwarka Sector 10 which is 19 minutes walking distance.
By Road:- You can take auto or taxi to reach Dum Dum Lake which ply here regularly.
By Air:- The distance from Damdama Lake to IGI Airport is just 45 km, you can book a cab from here.
Nearby famous places
- NeverEnuf Garden Railway 9.7 km away
- Camp Wild at Aravali Valley 8.6 km away
- Surajgarh Farms 11.1 km away
- SkyJumper Trampoline Park Gurgaon 16 km away
- Rocksport, Gurugram 10.5 km away
- Tikli Bottom 12 km away
- Frenzy Adventure 11.7 km away
- Fly Star Adventure 8.4 km away
- The Lost Lake 10.4 km away