|Sector 4, Gurgaon, Gurgaon (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Open from 10:00 am to 05:30 pm, Entry fee to the museum is 10 fINR or Indians and INR 250 for foreign nationals.
|Govt. Museum & Memorials, Museum and Gallery
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Solo, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|July, August, September
About Museum of Folk and Tribal Arts
The Folk and Tribal Art Museum, located in Gurgaon, was established in 1984 by the late K.C.Aryan. The museum has one of the most exclusive collections of Indian folk, tribal and neglected art as well as a priceless collection of priceless artifacts that include bronze sculptures, paintings, metal crafts, papier-mÃ¢chÃ©, textiles, terracotta, wooden crafts and books.
This museum takes you through the beautiful and extensive cultural history of tribal and folk art. The museum is perfect for those who are a fan of history.
Interesting facts about Museum of Folk and Tribal Arts
- The most striking of these is an 18th century plaque depicting a female dancer with raised hands, from Malana.
- The place also has a splendid collection of paintings and books.
- This place proves to be great for art enthusiasts.
- An exhibition at the National Museum shows that there is more to Himachli folk art than the Kangra and Basholi paintings.
- On display are mohras, ritual masks, Pahari rumals, and more, from the Museum of Folk and Tribal Art, Gurugra, founded by painter-art historian KC Aryan.
How to reach Museum of Folk and Tribal Arts
By Air:- The museum is 20 km away from the international airport. From here you can book a cab.
By Metro:- Nearest metro station is IFFCO Chowk, you can take rickshaw to go from here.
By Road:- You can also take auto or rickshaw to reach the museum, which ply here normally.
Nearby famous places
- Shitla Mata Mandir 1.32 KM away
- Leisure valley park 7.1 kms away
- Eklavya temple 7.2 kms away
- Kingdom of dreams 7.4 kms away
- Aliwardi masjid 7.7 kms away