|Location||Sheetla Mata Rd, Masani Village, Sector 6, Gurgaon (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||It is open 24 hours all days of the week, No entry fee|
|Place Type||Temple, Hindu Temple, Religious Place|
|Place visit with||Family, Friends|
|Nearest Metro||M.G. Road Metro Station (5 KM) IFFCO Chowk Metro Station (4 KM)|
About Mata Sheetala Devi Temple
Sheetla Mata Temple is located on Sheetla Mata Road in Gurugram city of Gurugram district in the state of Haryana in India. This ornate temple dedicated to Mata Sheetla Devi, wife of Dronacharya, is another popular destination in Gurgaon visited by pilgrims and devotees.
The temple, in its present form, dates back to the 18th century and was built by Jawahar Singh of Bharatpur to commemorate his victory over the Mughals.This temple is very famous and a large number of people visit here during Navratri and other festivals.
Interesting facts about Mata Sheetala Devi Temple
- On the way to the temple, one has to pass through a suburb which remains congested mainly due to heavy traffic.
- Outside the gate leading to the temple complex, there are two shops selling things for holy offerings where they have packages wrapped in a basket and priced differently, ready to be sold to pilgrims.
- The entrance gate is wide enough to handle the crowd that comes to the temple during the festival. In addition, an arched structure stands in the middle and is lined with well-maintained lawns at one end and a smaller structure housing other deities at the other end.
- The inner sanctum is built like a large hallway that leads to a smaller room and the larger hallway provides a glimpse of the main deity and the seating area for the pilgrims.
- The temple also houses other deities like Lord Hanuman, Lord Shiva, Shani Dev and Goddess Durga.
- Mata Sheetala is a Hindu goddess widely worshipped in North India, West Bengal, Nepal, Bangladesh and Pakistan as the pox-goddess. She is the Goddess of sores, ghouls, pustules and diseases in Hindu mythology.
How to reach Mata Sheetala Devi Temple
By Road:- You can also take intercity buses, private cabs and autos to reach the temple.
By Metro:- The nearest metro station to the temple is Huda City Metro Station which is 6.6 km away, from here you can book an auto.
By Rail:- Nearest railway station is Gurugram railway station which is 2.7 km away from the temple. From here you can book a cab.
By Air:- Nearest airport is Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) in New Delhi, which is about 17 km from Sheetla Mata Mandir, Gurugram. You can book a cab or taxi to reach the temple which will drop you straight to the temple.
Nearby famous places
- Sai Ka Angan Temple
- Aravali Biodiversity Park
- Museo Camera
- Kingdom of Dreams
- Plaza Premium Lounge
- Knockout Fight Club