|Model Town, Delhi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- The museum remains open from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. It remains closed on Saturdays and Sundays. , Entry Fee :- It is free.
|Govt. Museum & Memorials, Museums
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Parants, Siblings
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March
|Model Town Metro Station (1 KM) GTB Nagar Metro Station (1 KM)
About Delhi Police Museum
The Delhi Police Museum, located in New Delhi, India, showcases the history, development and contributions of the Delhi Police Force. It offers visitors a glimpse into the city's rich history and various aspects of law enforcement. The museum serves as an educational and informational center for visitors to learn about the history of the Delhi Police and gain insight into the various challenges and duties faced by law enforcement officers. Historical uniforms, weapons, equipment and vehicles used by the Delhi Police over the years can be displayed in the museum. Visitors can learn about the evolution of policing techniques, technologies and strategies employed by the Delhi Police to maintain law and order.
Architecture of Delhi Police Museum
The museum is underground and has five galleries of over 1600 square metres. India has dedicated sections for various central and state police forces, including the Central Industrial Security Force, Special Protection Group, National Security Guards, Railway Protection Force, Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, Central Reserve Police Force and Intelligence Bureau.
Interesting facts about Delhi Police Museum
- The museum can provide insight into some of the most important criminal cases that the Delhi Police has solved and the impact these cases had on the city.
- The National Police Museum displays historical FIRs, samples of arms and ammunition.
- A visit to this museum will help in increasing your knowledge about the duties, responsibilities and problems faced by the police in the course of their work.
- Interactive displays, multimedia presentations and simulations can be used to engage visitors and enhance their understanding of police work.
How to reach Delhi Police Museum
By Bus :- The nearest bus stop to the museum is Safdarjung Madrasa which is 3 minutes walk.
By Metro :- The nearest metro station to Delhi Police Museum is GTB Nagar which is approximately 0.52 kilometers away.
By Auto-Rickshaw:- Auto-Rickshaw is a common mode of transport in Delhi. You can take auto-rickshaws from different parts of the city to reach the museum.
Nearby famous places
- India Gate:- 2.5 kms away
- Rajpath and Rashtrapati Bhavan:- 2.7 kms away
- National Museum:- 2.3 kms away
- National Handicrafts and Handloom Museum (Crafts Museum):- 3.3 kms away
- Jantar Mantar:- 3.3 kms away
- Connaught Place:- 3.5 kms away
- Lodhi Garden:- 6.5 kms away
- Humayun's Tomb:- 6.5 kms away