|Juna Futala, Chowpati Road, Vayusena Nagar, Nagpur, Nagpur (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Futala Lake open from 12:00 am to 12:00 am all days in week, No entry fee.
|Lakes & Waterfalls, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Married Couples, Unmarried Couples
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March
About Futala Lake
Futala Lake is a lake located in Nagpur in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Popularly also called Telankhedi Lake, it is located 6 km north of the city center and is believed to be more than 200 years old. The Futala Lake was built by Raja Bhonsle and is spread over 60 acres. The lake is surrounded by green forest on three sides and Chowpatty on the other side.
The main attractions of the place are the colorful fountains and halogen lights which turn it into a breathtaking view in the evening. Lush greenery, carriage rides, restaurants nearby, plethora of open spaces qualify it as a perfect place to rest one's weary nerves.
Interesting facts about Futala Lake
- Four high masts have been installed around the lake for adequate illumination.
- The lake has a total of three floating fountains like two colored fountains of 15 feet each and one white and 100 feet each.
- In the second phase of beautification, the road auger has been cleared and interlocking paving blocks have been installed on the road from Hanuman Mandir to Futala Lake and on the triangular land in front of the temple.
- Under this, about 1300 meters of road has been constructed to remove and beautify the serious parking problem raised due to the famous Hanuman temple.
- Built by the Bhonsle kings of Nagpur, this lake is known for its colorful fountains.
- The lake is surrounded by forest on three sides and has a beautiful beach on the fourth side
How to reach Futala Lake
By Bus:- There is Bharat Nagar Bus Station near Futala Lake which is 6 minutes walk away.
By Metro:- There is Shankar Nagar Metro Station near Futala Lake which is 34 minutes walking distance.
By Road:- You can also take auto or taxi to reach Futala Lake which you will get easily here.
Nearby famous places
- Swaminarayan Temple.
- Shree Ganesh Mandir Tekdi.
- Nagpur Ramtek Temple.
- Deeksha Bhoomi.
- Khindsi Lake.
- Adasa Ganpati Temple.
- Sai Baba Temple.
- Raman Science Centre.