|Location||Gorepeth, Nagpur, Nagpur (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||It opens from 08:00am to 06:00pm (Feb - Aug), 08:00am to 05:30pm (Sep - Jan) all days in week, Entry fees for adult Rs 20, child RS 10 per person.|
|Place Type||Zoo, Nature Sites and Parks|
|Place visit with||Family, Friends, Couples, Kids|
About Maharajbagh Zoo
Maharajbagh Zoo located in the heart of Nagpur city was established in the year 1894 by the rulers of Bhonsle dynasty under the supervision of Central Zoo Authority of India. The garden named Maharaj Bagh has been converted into a botanical garden with a rich collection of herbs, shrubs, ornamental and aromatic plants, medicinal plants, etc.
It is the habitat of many species of animals, birds and plants. The serene environment, lush green cover, animal sounds give a feeling of oneness with nature. It is a favorite haunt of nature lovers, which gives a feeling of being away from the city even though it is in the city.
Architecture of Maharajbagh Zoo
The zoo comes under the Central Zoo Authority (CZA) of India and is maintained by Punjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth Nagpur. The zoo within the complex is home to varieties of rare species of birds and animals. 209 animals live in Maharajbagh spread over 10.40 hectares.
Interesting facts about Maharajbagh Zoo
- Maharajbagh Zoo is one of the smaller zoos in India and has faced constant lack of funds for expansion and maintenance.
- The park has a proper zoo with animals like tigers, leopards, bears, monkeys, birds, deer and a proper aquarium.
- Maharaj Bagh is a great place for all kids as there are so many cool things for kids to see.
- Maharajbagh Zoo is 117 years old.
- Zoo located in the heart of the city is a center of tourist attraction.
- It is a perfect place for family gatherings and weekend hangouts. 7.It also has a rich avifauna that includes the parrot, cockatoo, hornbill, partridge, lark, duck, raven, white pigeon, cuckoo, hawk, owl, and much more.
How to reach Maharajbagh Zoo
By Metro:- The nearest metro station to Maharaj Bagh Zoo is Jhansi Rani Square Metro Station which is located at a distance of 1 km.
By Rail:- Near Maharaj Bagh Zoo is Nagpur Junction, from here you can take rickshaw.
By Road:- The best way to reach Maharaj Bagh Zoo is by road. You can reach the zoo by bus, taxi or auto, which you will easily find here.
Nearby famous places
- WaghVille 0.4 km away
- Shree Ganesh Mandir Tekdi 1.4 km away
- Deeksha Bhoomi 1.1 km away
- RamDham 0.7 km away
- Sai Baba Temple 1.2 km away
- Central Museum 0.8 km away
- Central 0.8 km away
- Chitnavis Centre 0.8 km away
- Vidarbha Cricket Association Ground 1 km away
- Krazy Castle Aqua Park 1.1 km away