|Kalmeshwar, Nagpur (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Time:- 8 am to 7 pm is a good time to visit here.
|Bridge & Dams, Sightseeing
|Place visit with
|Friends, Solo, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|October, November, December
About Khekranala Dam
The Khekranala Dam has its roots in the exploration of water management and irrigation in the region. It was built as a part of the Water Resources Development Plan to meet the agricultural needs of the surrounding areas. The dam has played an important role in ensuring a steady source of water for the agricultural lands of the region. Over the years, it has evolved from a utilitarian structure to a popular recreational destination. The calm waters of the dam and its lush green surroundings make it an attractive destination for those seeking respite from the hustle and bustle of urban life. Khekranala Dam is a testament to the harmonious blend of human engineering with the natural environment, providing a peaceful oasis for visitors to enjoy and connect with nature.
Architecture of Khekranala Dam
The architecture of the Khekarnala Dam is primarily functional in nature, designed for water storage and irrigation purposes. The concrete structure of the dam creates a tranquil reservoir, surrounded by lush green forests and hills. The main attraction is the vast expanse of water, which reflects the clear blue sky and provides a picturesque backdrop for the visitors.
Interesting facts about Khekranala Dam
- Khekranala Dam is an important water source for the surrounding agricultural lands and plays an important role in irrigation.
- The calm environment of the dam and the clear waters of the reservoir provide opportunities for boating and other water-based activities.
- The area around the dam is ideal for picnics, nature walks and bird watching, where a variety of bird species can be seen.
- The monsoon season brings lush greenery to the region, creating a refreshing and invigorating atmosphere.
- The dam is a peaceful place for a day trip, offering a chance to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature away from the city.
How to reach Khekranala Dam
By Road: Khekranala Dam is easily accessible by road. It is about 60-70 kilometers from Nagpur city, and you can reach here by private vehicle, taxi or local bus services.
By Train: The nearest railway station is Nagpur Junction, which is well connected to major cities. From there, you can hire a taxi or take a local bus to reach Khekarnala Dam.
By Air: Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport in Nagpur is the nearest airport. You can reach the dam by taxi or local transport.
Nearby famous places
- Khindsi Lake 40 km away
- Ramtek Temple 70 km away
- Pench National Park 70 km away
- Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve 120 km away
- Nagjira Wildlife Sanctuary 120 km away
- Sevagram 85 km away
- Nagpur city 70 km away