|Location||Simla Nagar, Malabar Hill, Mumbai, Mumbai (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||Hanging Gardens is open from 05:00 am all days in week, to 09:00 pm, No entry fee.|
|Place Type||Garden, Nature Sites and Parks|
|Place visit with||Family, Friends, Kids|
|Best time to visit||November, December, January, February, March, April, May, June|
|Nearest Metro||Ghatkopar Metro Station (18 KM)|
About Hanging Gardens
Hanging Garden is a park located in Mumbai, Maharashtra which is quite famous among tourists. It is situated on the top of the Malavar hill, it was built in 1881 AD by the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar. This garden is also known as 'Feroz Shah Mehta Udyan'.
In the center of the garden is a prominent flower clock, with several enclosures carved in the shape of animals. Another source of tourist attraction is the 'Old Woman's Shoe' or 'Boot House' a massive boot structure made of stone and brick.
Architecture of Hanging Gardens
The hanging garden was in the shape of a square, each side about four inches long. The garden is layered, with the top gallery 50 cubits high and the walls 22 feet thick made of brick.
Interesting facts about Hanging Gardens
- Bushes are cut and decorated with interesting animal figures around the park.
- It is a great place to watch the sunset view of the Arabian Sea.
- Water springs add to the beauty of this place in the evening. A panoramic view of Marine Drive and Chowpatty.
- There is a small playground for the kids where they can see and enjoy some basic rides like swing, slide etc.
- The paths here are well maintained for walking in the park and for morning walks. This park is considered a suitable place for morning walk.
How to reach Hanging Gardens
By Bus:- The bus station near Hanging Garden is Kamala Nehru Park (Malabar Hill) 4 minutes walk.
By Train:- Near Hanging Garden Train Station is Grant Road which is 27 mins walking distance.
By Road:- You can also take bus, rickshaw or auto to go to the garden, which you will easily find here.
Nearby famous places
- Malabar Hill 4 minutes from Hanging Gardens
- Pramod Navalkar Viewing Gallery 3 minutes from Hanging Gardens
- Babulnath Temple 9 minutes from Hanging Gardens
- All Saints Church 6 minutes from Hanging Gardens
- Sri Sri Radha Gopinath Temple 11 minutes from Hanging Gardens
- Sukho Thai Malabar Hill 7 minutes from Hanging Gardens
- Mani Bhavan Gandhi Museum 16 minutes from Hanging Gardens
- Priyadarshini Park 12 minutes from Hanging Gardens
- Kamala Nehru Park 11 minutes from Hanging Gardens
- Jain Temple 15 minutes from Hanging Gardens
- Chowpatty Beach 14 minutes from Hanging Gardens