|Mangalagiri Hills, Krishna District, Vijayawada, Vijayawada (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Hinkar Tritha Jain Temple open morning to evening all days in week, No entry fee.
|Temple, Religious Place
|Place visit with
|Family, Married Couples, Friends, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|September, October, November, December
About Hinkar Thirtha Jain Temple
Hinkar Tirtha is a Jain temple, located on the main highway outside Vijayawada. Hinkar Teerth Jain Temple is dedicated to Mool Nayak, devotees from all over the world visit this temple every year to seek the blessings of Mool Nayak. It has excellent architecture and the sculptures made in this temple are carved on granite stone.
The temple will have marble pillars which are beautifully designed and different postures of gods and goddesses have been carved on them. The main attraction of the temple is the Manastambha which is a symbol of respect and is carved on the front part of the temple.
Interesting facts about Hinkar Thirtha Jain Temple
- Surrounded by lush green hills, this serenely covered temple attracts many visitors and devotees.
- It is a splendid piece of art made of white marble adorned with beautiful intricate carvings.
- This is the largest Jain temple in the entire Andhra Pradesh state and you can expect crowds during the festival days.
- The idols of deities are carved on the pillars of the temple.
- There is a sanctum sanctorum in the temple called Gambhara, where the stone idol of the deity is seated.
How to reach Hinkar Thirtha Jain Temple
By Bus:- There is Nagarjuna University Bus Stand near the temple which is 1.3 km away.
By Air:- Vijayawada International Airport is 38.0 km away from the temple. You can reach the temple by booking a cab.
By Rail:- Vijayawada Railway Station is at a distance of 13 km from the temple, you can take a rickshaw to the temple.
Nearby famous places
- Mogalarajapuram Caves
- Undavalli Caves
- ISKCON Vijayawada
- Prakasam Barrage
- Bhavani Island
- Rajiv Gandhi Park