|Ghat Road, Kondapalli, Vijayawada (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Kondapalli Fort open from 10:00 am to 05:00 pm all days in week, Entry fee for adult Rs 5 and child Rs 3.
|Forts & Tombs, Monument
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Married Couples, Unmarried Couples, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
About Kondapalli Fort
Kondapalli Fort also known as Kondapalli Kota, is a wonderful 14th century fort situated in Kondapalli village of Guntur district near Vijayawada. The Kondapalli Fort was built by the Musunuri Nayaks in the 14th century. It served as a military fortification during the British period and is said to have been built during the 14th century as a center of entertainment, trade and trade.
The fort has Garib Sahib's Dargah, Golconda Darwaza, Tanisha Maha and a storehouse of idols, remains of ancient coins. The resplendent fort is considered to be of great historical importance and attracts tourists from all over the world.
Architecture of Kondapalli Fort
The structure of the Kondapalli Fort reflects a blend of Persian, Mughal and Bahmani styles as it has its roots in parallel history. The Kondapalli Fort has three consecutive entrances. The radiant complex has an entrance, the Dargah Darwaza, made of a single boulder of granite walls of the fort, adorned with inscriptions and paintings. It is 12 feet (3.7 m) wide and 15 feet (4.6 m) high.
Interesting facts about Kondapalli Fort
- The fort also has an English barracks with eight rooms and an English cemetery.
- The fort offers a panoramic view of the valley and is an ideal place for a picnic.
- When you go inside the fort you will definitely get a breathtaking view of the valley.
- Nearby villages are famous for doll making, especially Kondapalli dolls. You will find vendors selling these beautiful dolls and you can buy as a souvenir.
How to reach Kondapalli Fort
By Rail:- The distance from Kondapalli to Vijayawada railway station is 18 km, you can take a rickshaw from here to the fort.
By Air:- Vijayawada Airport is the nearest airport to reach Kondapalli Fort. The airport is 43 km away, from here you can easily book a cab to reach the fort.
By road:- The fort is well connected by roads, hence it wonâ€™t be a problem to commute to the fort via any public transport.
Nearby famous places
- Pushkar Ghat 1.1 km away
- Rajahmundry Godavari Bridge 3.4 km away
- ISKCON Rajahmundry, Sri Sri Radha Gopinath Temple 3.8 km away
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Vari Temple 2.9 km away
- Shanmuka Peetam 3.2 km away
- Jagan Mohini Kesava Swami Temple 14.3 km away