|Sarai Kale Khan–Nizamuddin, Delhi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- The park opens from 6:00 am to 7:15 pm. Entry Fee :- No Entry Fee.
|Park & Garden, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Married Couples, Unmarried Couples
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April
|Sarai Kale Khan Nizamuddin Metro Station (1 KM)
About Indraprastha Park
Indraprastha Park, also known as Millennium Indraprastha Park, is a public park located in Delhi, India. The park was inaugurated on 13 December 2004. The inauguration coincided with the celebration of 100 years of Delhi as the national capital. The park was designed to offer a variety of recreational facilities and attractions. It includes facilities such as a musical fountain, an amphitheater, jogging tracks, open lawns, a lake and a children's play area. These elements were designed to meet the needs of people of different age groups and interests. Indraprastha Park has become a popular place for residents of Delhi to relax, exercise, socialize and engage in outdoor activities. It provides a respite from the hustle and bustle of the city and promotes a healthy and active lifestyle.
Architecture of Indraprastha Park
Indraprastha Park was built entirely from a landfill site. Spread over an area of about 85 acres and spread over a length of 2.7 km, Indraprastha Park is considered to be one of the longest parks in Delhi. Known mostly for its lush greenery, the park is divided into different areas, mainly gardens such as the Scent Garden, Bougainvillea Garden, Topiary Garden, Foliage Garden and Smriti Van. The gardens are beautifully landscaped and decorated with colorful flower beds that add to the beauty of the surroundings.
Interesting facts about Indraprastha Park
- The park is known for its well-maintained landscape with lush green lawns, gardens and pathways.
- One of the prominent features of the park is the serene lake which adds to the natural beauty of the park.
- The park has a musical fountain that comes to life with synchronized water and light shows, making it a popular attraction, especially in the evening.
- An outdoor amphitheater hosts cultural events, performances and concerts.
- There is a dedicated play area for children with swings, slides and other play equipment.
- The park has designated areas for fitness enthusiasts, including jogging tracks and exercise equipment.
How to reach Indraprastha Park
By Metro :- The nearest metro station to Indraprastha Park is Indraprastha. It is a 22-minute walk away.
By Rail :- The nearest railway station to Indraprastha Park is Pragati Maidan. It is a 12-minute walk away.
By Bus :- The nearest bus stop to the park is Nizamuddin Road Bridge. It is a 5-minute walk away.
Nearby famous places
- Swaminarayan Akshardham 2.8 km away
- Crafts Museum 22 minutes away
- Millennium Park 13 minutes away
- National Science Center 19 minutes away
- Old Fort 27 minutes away
- Children's Park 30 minutes away
- National Gandhi Museum 2.1 km away
- National Gallery of Modern Art 1.9 km away
- Humayun's Tomb 3 km away
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib 4 kms away
- Rajpath 2.7 kms away
- Sunder Nursery Park 2.5 kms away