|Saket, Delhi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- The museum remains open from Tuesday to Sunday from 10:30 am - 6:30 pm The museum remains closed on Mondays and all public holidays., Entry Fee : No Entry Fee
|Art Galleries & Museum, Museums
|Place visit with
|Friends, Solo, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April
|Malviya Nagar Metro Station (2 KM)
About Kiran Nadar Museum Of Art
Kiran Nadar Museum of Art (KNMA) is a famous art museum in India, located in New Delhi. It was founded by Kiran Nadar, an avid art collector and philanthropist, and opened to the public in January 2010. It is India's first private museum dedicated to modern and contemporary art. KNMA's ever-growing collection is largely focused on significant trajectories. Its core collection highlights an illustrious generation of 20th-century Indian painters of the decades after independence and equally covers the diverse art practices of young contemporaries. The museum houses an extensive collection of Indian modern and contemporary art, including paintings, sculptures, photographs and new media artworks. It displays the works of prominent artists from different eras and art movements, giving visitors a comprehensive view of the Indian art scene.
Interesting facts about Kiran Nadar Museum Of Art
- KNMA regularly organizes temporary exhibitions featuring renowned artists and thematic exhibits. These exhibitions are organized to provide a diverse and enriching art experience to the visitors.
- The museum is dedicated to arts education and offers a variety of programs, workshops, and talks to engage and enlighten audiences of all ages about art and its importance in society.
- KNMA has a well-equipped library and research center which serves as a valuable resource for art enthusiasts, researchers and students interested in Indian art and culture.
- The museum offers modern facilities for visitors, including guided tours, a museum shop where art supplies can be purchased, and a café for refreshments.
How to reach Kiran Nadar Museum Of Art
By Rail:- The nearest railway station to Kiran Nadar Museum of Art is Delhi Safdarjung.
By Bus:- The nearest bus stop to Kiran Nadar Museum of Art is Malviya Nagar Terminal. It is a 2 minute walk.
By Metro:- The nearest metro station to Kiran Nadar Museum of Art is Malviya Nagar Metro, which is 3 minutes walk away.
Nearby famous places
- Siri Fort Auditorium 2 kms away
- Qutub Minar 6.5 kms away
- Lodhi Garden 7 kms away
- India Habitat Centre 7 kms away
- Humayun's Tomb 7.5 kms away
- National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA) 8.5 kms away
- Lotus Temple 10 kms away