|Lajpat Nagar, Delhi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timing :- Lajpat Nagar Market stays open from 10 am to 9 pm every day from Tuesday to Sunday. It stays closed on Mondays.
|Street Market, Shopping Places
|Best time to visit
|May, June, July, August
|Lajpat Nagar Metro Station (1 KM) Moolchand Metro Station (1 KM) Vinobapuri Metro Station (1 KM)
About Lajpat Nagar Central Market
Lajpat Nagar is one of the prime residential and commercial localities of South Delhi. It was named in honor of Lala Lajpat Rai and today it is best known for the Lajpat Nagar Central Market. Lajpat Nagar was developed in the 1950s and most of its early residents were Hindus and Sikhs who migrated east from the newly formed Pakistan after the Partition of India in 1947. Thus, many of these persons are Multani and Sindhi. The market is a major shopping and commercial center in Delhi, offering a wide range of products and services to locals and visitors. The market is famous for its diverse offerings, which include clothing, footwear, accessories, electronics, home goods, kitchenware and more. Here you will find both traditional and modern items. The market area is full of street food stalls and small restaurants where you can enjoy a variety of local snacks and delicacies. During Indian festivals such as Diwali and Eid, the market comes alive with special decorations and a festive atmosphere, making it a popular destination for shopping.
Interesting facts about Lajpat Nagar Central Market
- Lajpat Nagar is particularly famous for its textile shops, making it a hotspot for buying traditional Indian clothes like sarees, suits and lehengas.
- Along with shopping, the market also has a number of street food stalls serving a variety of local snacks and dishes, giving visitors a chance to savor authentic Indian flavours.
- This market is known for its affordability, making it a favorite destination for budget-conscious shoppers and tourists alike.
- Apart from commercial products, the market also supports local artisans and craftsmen, providing a platform for their traditional handmade items.
How to reach Lajpat Nagar Central Market
By Metro :- The nearest metro station to the market is Lajpat Nagar, it is 5 minutes walking distance.
By Bus :- The nearest bus stand to Lajpat Nagar Market is Kashmere Gate Bus Stand which is at a distance of 20 kms.
By Rail :- The nearest railway station to Lajpat Nagar Market is Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station, it is at a distance of 5.3 km, from here you can take an auto to reach the market.
By Air :-Indira Gandhi International Airport Terminal 3 is 19 km away from the market, from here it is easy to book a taxi or Ola to reach the market.
Nearby famous places
- Qutub Minar 7.4 km away
- ISKCON Temple 1.8 km away
- Swaminarayan Akshardham 6 km away
- Humayun's Tomb 2.9 km away
- Sai Baba Mandir 3 minutes away
- Lord Shri Ram Mandir 11 minutes away
- Lodhi Garden 29 minutes away