|Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Road, Chowpatty, Mumbai, Mumbai (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Marine Drive is open round the clock on all days of the week, No entry fee.
|Beaches, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Married Couples, Unmarried Couples, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|July, August, September
About Marine Drive
Marine Drive It is a 'C' shaped six lane concrete road with a natural bay edge. Marine Drive is a 3 km long promenade in Mumbai, India along the Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Road that connects Nariman Point with Babulnath at the foot of the Malabar Hills and hence is called Marine Drive.
Although the real name of this area is said to be Sonpur. Construction of Marine Drive began in 1915, named after Sir Michael Kavanaugh Kennedy, who was also an engineer and a general and secretary in the British Army.
Interesting facts about Marine Drive
- It is not just a tourist destination. It is also a center of trade and residence. It attracted new wealthy people during the 1940s and 1950s. The rich people chose the place for residence, close to the port and trading areas. During independence, this place had become a glamorous place for the affluent.
- Marine Drive, Queen's Necklace is a treat for all types of travellers. During the day, it becomes a place to enjoy a spectacular view of the beach and sea during a great drive, beach activities, sightseeing, outdoor activities, etc.
- It is a place for night owls to enjoy the nightlife, clubs and jazz. You can find many hotels and pubs in this area. If you are planning a hotel stay, choose rooms with views of Marine Drive.
- Marine Drive is a confluence of beautiful views. In broad daylight, you can sit on the walkway and enjoy the pleasant beach atmosphere that it offers. Have a serene experience and a beautiful glimpse of the sunset at Marine Drive.
How to reach Marine Drive
By Rail:- The nearest railway station to Marine Drive is Mumbai CST Railway Station which is at a distance of 3 km.
By Air: Marine Drive is located at a distance of 22.3 kms from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport. On arrival at Mumbai airport, you can take a local train or taxi to reach your destination.
By Taxi: If you take a taxi, you can reach Marine Drive in 20 minutes.
Nearby famous places
- Chowpatty Beach (1.2 km)
- Taraporevala Aquarium (1.9 km)
- Sri Chandreshwar Temple (2.4 km)
- St. Teresa's Church (2.6 km)
- Wankhede Stadium (2.6 km)
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (4.3 km)
- Thomas Cathedral (4.9 km)
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (5.2 km)
- Gateway of India (5.9 km)