|Kamptee Rd, Moti Bagh, Mohan Nagar, Nagpur, Nagpur (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|It opens from 08:00am to 06:00pm (Feb - Aug), 10:00 am to 08:00 pm (Sep - Jan) all days in week, Entry fees for adult Rs 20, child RS 10 per person.
|Govt. Museum & Memorials, Museum and Gallery
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Solo, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|July, August, September, October, November, December
About Narrow Gauge Rail Museum
The Narrow Gauge Rail Museum is a unique museum at Kempty Road, Nagpur. It serves as an information park, which provides information on the functioning of the narrow gauge system and is spread over an area of 5.6 acres. The museum is dedicated to preserve the eventful history of the Indian Railways. It has galleries with working models of trains on display, logos of various state railways, genuine narrow gauge rolling stock steam engines, photographs, exotic locomotives and builder plates.
It is mainly meant for the visitors wishing to have a glimpse of the heritage of the Railways. In addition, the museum also houses an amusement park for children, toy trains and a rare collection of tickets.
Interesting facts about Narrow Gauge Rail Museum
- There are lots of things for kids of different age groups to play in the garden. Things like merrygo-rounds, slides, swings, saws, etc. keep the kids entertained and engaged.
- Various types of freight wagons like coal wagon, petrol wagon, flat wagon, covered wagon are displayed in a covered shed in the yard. Along with these wagons, passenger carrying coaches such as; A first class coach, postal van coach and rail bus are also displayed.
- The Narrow Gauge Rail Museum located in Motibagh is becoming a tourist attraction of Nagpur city.
- It is one of only two museums in the country in which historical monuments such as narrow gauge steam and diesel engines, narrow-gauge coaches and freight train coaches are on display for public view.
- South East Central Railway zone has also installed wild animal replica in the museum which gives it a natural touch to attract more kids.
- There is also a selfie booth for people to take photos with their family and friends.
How to reach Narrow Gauge Rail Museum
By Bus:- Near Narrow Gauge Rail Museum is the Sai Mandir Clark Town Bus Stand, from here you will easily get a bus.
By Rail:- Nagpur Railway Station is near Narrow Gauge Rail Museum, from here you can take rickshaw.
By Road:- You can take rickshaw or taxi to go to Narrow Gauge Rail Museum which you will find publicly here.
Nearby famous places
- Shree Ganesh Mandir Tekdi 1.8 km away
- Swaminarayan Temple 1.5 km away
- Koradi Temple 1.4 km away
- Sai Baba Temple 2 km away
- Sachee art gallery 1.6 km away
- Numismatic Art Gallery 1.3 km away
- Raman Science Centre 2 km away
- Japanese Rose Garden 1.4 km away
- Deeksha Bhoomi 3.8 km away
- All Saints' Cathedral 1.6 km away