|Doctor Annie Besant Road, Worli, Mumbai, Mumbai (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Nehru Centre open from 11:00 am and 05:00 pm all days in week, Entry fee for Rs 100 per person.
|Govt. Museum & Memorials, Museum and Gallery
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Parants
|Best time to visit
|April, May, June
About Nehru Center
Nehru Science Center was inaugurated on 3 March 1977 by the Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi, it is a part of Nehru Center in Mumbai. The center promotes the teachings and ideas of Pandit practically, through cultural and educational programmes. Since its inception, the Nehru Planetarium has become very important for students, astronomers, scientists, those interested in space and astronomical studies.
Architecture of Nehru Center
The architect who designed it was IM Qadri. Its cylindrical structure with beautiful white dome and unique architecture of planetarium attracts special attention of its visitors. The ascending slope of the green meets the building at 42 feet.
The details can be seen in the outer lattice surface of the 3,22,000 square feet area of the Nehru Centre. Inspired by the rose that Nehru often wore, the dream project of the late Rajni Patel, politician and eminent lawyer, the structure took three years to build.
Interesting facts about Nehru Center
- 14 galleries showcasing the artistic, philosophical and intellectual nature of the country have been created here to tell about India through the 'Discovery of India'. Visit the art gallery that showcases the works of young talent and encourages.
- Special national and international exhibitions are organized in the exhibition hall of Nehru Centre.
- Popularly known as the Library, the Nehru Center Library houses a wide collection of over 30,000 books on religion, astronomy, social science, literature, biography, geography, history and other subjects.
- The courtyard of the Nehru Center has a special place which is an experience in itself as you will get to see 1000 species of plants as well as some other rare species.
- A walk around the premises of Nehru Center will be an experience in itself as you will get to see more than 1000 varieties of plants including many rare species.
- Other than Monsoon you can participate in 'Akash Observation' (Only on Sundays) from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM for free.
How to reach Nehru Center
By Road:- You can also use auto or taxi to reach near Nehru Planetarium.
By Bus:- Near Nehru Planetarium Bus Station is Nehru Planetarium which is 2 minutes walk away. These Bus lines stop near Nehru Planetarium: 28, 83, 84LTD, A-357, A-92, C-305.
By Train:- Near Nehru Planetarium Train Station is Mahalaxmi which is 27 mins walk away. These Train lines stop near Nehru Planetarium: WR.
Nearby famous places
- High Street Phoenix 23 minutes from Nehru Centre
- Gateway of India 8.9 km from Nehru Centre
- Shree Siddhivinayak 2.4 km from Nehru Centre
- Worli Sea Face 1.8 km from Nehru Centre
- Nehru Science Center 22 minutes from Nehru Centre
- Palladium Mall 23 minutes from Nehru Centre
- Mahalakshmi Temple 2.5 km from Nehru Centre
- Bandra-Worli Sea Link 3.5 km from Nehru Centre