|Chandni Chowk, Delhi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings :- The opening time of Paratha Wali Gali is from 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
|Street Food Place, Restaurant and Bars
|Place visit with
|Best time to visit
|October, November, December
|Kashmere Gate Metro Station (1 KM) Chandni Chowk Metro Station (0 KM) Chawri Bazar Metro Station (1 KM) Lal Quila Metro Station (0 KM) Jama Masjid Metro Station (1 KM)
About Paranthe Wali Gali
Paranthe Wali Gali is a famous street in Chandni Chowk known for selling the best paranthas in the city. Located in Chandni Chowk, it was established in 1650 during the reign of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, and was designed by his daughter Jahanara Begum. Paranthe Wali Gali is primarily known for its assortment of stuffed parantha, which are flatbreads stuffed with various savory and sweet fillings. These parathas are lightly fried on a griddle and often served with chutney, pickle and curd. The street is lined with small shops and eateries that specialize in making these delicious delicacies. You can find a wide range of parathas with different fillings to suit different tastes. Some popular options include potatoes, paneer (Indian cheese), mixed vegetables, lentils, and even sweet options like rabri (sweetened condensed milk) and khoya (low milk solids).
Interesting facts about Paranthe Wali Gali
- Parantha Wali Gali is most active during breakfast and lunch hours. It's a good idea to travel early to avoid the crowds.
- What sets Paratha Wali Gali apart is not only its culinary delights, but also its deep cultural significance.
- It has become a pilgrimage destination for food lovers and tourists, who come to experience the authentic flavors and age-old cooking techniques that have been passed down through generations.
- Apart from parathas, other street food and local snacks are also available in this area.
- The ambience of the street is a charming glimpse of a bygone era with traditional decor and rustic interiors that take visitors back in time.
How to reach Paranthe Wali Gali
By Metro:- The Parantha Wali Wagon metro station in Delhi is Chawri Bazar. It is an 11-minute walk away.
By Rail:- The Paranthe Wali railway station in Delhi is in Delhi. It is a 21-minute walk away.
By Bus:- The nearest bus stop from Paranthe Wali is Old Delhi Railway Station 4 minutes walk.
Nearby famous places
- Chawri Bazar 790 meters away
- Red Fort 847 meters away
- Kauria Pul 896 meters away
- Jama Masjid 1018 meters away
- Jain Shwetambar Temple 3 minutes away
- Khari Baoli Spice Market 1.5 kms away
- Gurdwara Sis Ganj Sahib 1.5 kms away