|Station Road, Sitabuldi, Nagpur, Nagpur (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Shri Ganesh Mandir Tekdi open from 12:00 am to 12:00 am all days in week, No entry fees.
|Temple, Religious Place
|Place visit with
|Family, Married Couples, Friends, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April
About Shri Ganesh Mandir Tekdi
Ganesh Tekdi Temple also known as "Takdicha Ganapati" means Ganpati of hills. Situated atop a hill on Station Road, this temple is about 250 years old and has immense religious significance for Hinduism. The construction of the temple started in 1978 and was completed in 1984. Late Ganpatrao Joshi and other devotees enthusiastically participated in the construction of Shri Ganesh Tekdi Temple. The presiding deity of the temple is Lord Ganesha and it is believed that the idol of the Lord is Swayambhu, who originated from the land itself.
Interesting facts about Shri Ganesh Mandir Tekdi
- It is a very quiet place, ideal for those who like to worship in solitude, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- The idol of Lord Ganesha's head is decorated with gold and there are other silver ornaments.
- Devotees refer to this place as Jagrat Devasthan as pilgrims visit this place from morning till midnight.
- Earlier, Tekdi Ganapati Temple used to be a simple temple with a tin shade and a small platform. Later, it was taken over by the Defense Department and restoration began in the year 1970.
- Every month on Sankashti Chaturthi (fourth day of the month), a large number of devotees visit the temple to pay homage to the idol of Lord Ganesha.
- Ganesh Chaturthi and Ganesh Jayanti are also celebrated every year with great enthusiasm.
- The temple is visited by a large number of devotees throughout the year, but the number of devotees increases significantly during Sankashti Chaturthi and Ganeshotsav. People have unwavering faith in the deity and come here with reverence in the hope of fulfilling their vows and wishes.
How to reach Shri Ganesh Mandir Tekdi
By Bus:- There is Manas Chowk Bus Station near Tekdi Ganesh Mandir which is 5 minutes walk away.
By Metro:- There is Zero Mile Metro Station near Tekdi Ganesh Mandir which is at a walking distance of 16 minutes.
By Road:- You can also take auto or rickshaw to go to Tekdi Ganesh temple which you will easily find here.
Nearby famous places
- Sai Baba Temple 0.3 km away
- Empress City Mall 0.2 km away
- Sitabuldi Fort 0.3 km away
- Kasturchand Park 0.4 km away
- Gaysons the Fashion Mall 0.4 km away
- Baidhnath Square 0.5 km away
- Raman Science Centre 0.7 km away
- Chitnavis Centre 0.6 km away
- Swaminarayan Temple 2.1 km away
- Vidhan Bhavan 0.9 km away