|Madha Colony, Sitabuldi, Nagpur, Nagpur (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Sitabuldi Fort open from 08:00 am to 04:00 pm all days in week, No entry fees.
|Forts & Tombs, Monument
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Married Couples, Unmarried Couples, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April, May, June
About Sitabuldi Fort
Sitabuldi Fort Situated amidst the twin hills of Sitabuldi in the heart of the city, this fort has been the site of the Battle of Sitabuldi in 1817. The fort is a war memorial built in memory of the bravery of the soldiers who died during the popular Anglo-Maratha War.
This fort was built by a Gond king, Raja Bhakta Buland Shah in the year 1702. The monuments and tombs are maintained by the Indian Army as a mark of remembrance and respect for the courage of the soldiers.
Interesting facts about Sitabuldi Fort
- A memorial has been built inside the fort to commemorate the death of soldiers during the war. The fort is currently in the possession of the Indian Army and remains open for public visits on national holidays.
- It serves as a historical site for Indian history.
- The star attraction of the fort is the cell where Mahatma Gandhi was imprisoned.
- The fort is situated at a picturesque location which offers a splendid view to all the visitors.
- The best time to visit the fort is 15th August or 26th January when it is open for public.
How to reach Sitabuldi Fort
By Bus:- RBI Chowk Bus Station is near Sitabuldi Fort which is 9 minutes walking distance.
By Metro:- There is Kasturchand Park Metro Station near Sitabuldi Fort which is 12 minutes walk away.
By Road:- You can also take auto or rickshaw to go to Sitabuldi Fort, which you will easily find here.
Nearby famous places
- Kasturchand Park 0.2 km away
- Sai Baba Temple 0.2 km away
- Shree Ganesh Mandir Tekdi 0.3 km away
- Gaysons the Fashion Mall 0.4 km away
- Chitnavis Centre 0.4 km away
- Empress City Mall 0.5 km away
- Vidhan Bhavan 0.7 km away
- Raman Science Centre 1 km away
- Baidhnath Square 0.7 km away
- Swaminarayan Temple 2.3 km away