|ITO, Delhi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings :- The stadium is open from 8 am to 7 pm. , Entry Fee: - The fee for going to the stadium may vary depending on the game.
|Entertainment Centers, Fun and Activity
|Place visit with
|Friends, Siblings, Youngsters
|Indraprastha Metro Station (1 KM) Supreme Court (Pragati Maidan) Metro Station (1 KM) Delhi Gate Metro Station (1 KM) ITO Metro Station (1 KM)
About Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium
The Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, named after former Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi, is an important sports and multi-purpose arena located in New Delhi, India. The stadium was built to host indoor sporting events, cultural performances, exhibitions and other public gatherings. It was built in preparation for the 1982 Asian Games, which were held in New Delhi. The stadium was inaugurated on 19 November 1982 by the then President of India, Giani Zail Singh, just before the start of the Asian Games. Since its opening, the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium has continued to host a wide variety of events including national and international sporting events in various indoor sports such as badminton, table tennis, wrestling and others. The stadium has also been the site of cultural performances, concerts, dance shows and other entertainment events.
Architecture of Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium
The stadium has a seating capacity that can accommodate a considerable number of spectators. It consists of a main ground with a playground and seating areas. The seating layout is designed to provide good visibility to the spectators. The circular design of the stadium, with a large domed roof, stands out in the city landscape. It showcases architectural elements that blend functionality with aesthetics.
Interesting facts about Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium
- The stadium has a seating capacity that can accommodate a considerable number of spectators. It consists of a main ground with a playground and seating areas.
- The stadium is known for its distinctive circular design and large dome-shaped roof.
- The architectural style blends functionality with aesthetics, creating an appealing space.
- The stadium has a dynamic events calendar that includes a mix of sporting events, cultural activities, entertainment programs and exhibitions.
- Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium plays an important role in promoting sports and cultural activities in the city.
How to reach Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium
By Metro :- The nearest metro station to Indira Gandhi Stadium is Delhi Gate. It is an 11-minute walk away.
By Rail :- The nearest railway station to Indira Gandhi Stadium is Delhi Railway Station, which is at a distance of 137 km, from here you can take an auto to reach the stadium.
By Bus :- The nearest bus stop to Indira Gandhi Stadium Complex is Delhi Secretariat. It is a 6-minute walk away.
Nearby famous places
- Humayun's Tomb 2.2 miles away
- National Zoological Park 1.9 km away
- Purana Qila (Old Fort) 2.8 miles away
- India Gate 2.2 miles away
- National Crafts Museum 3 km away
- Dilli Haat 4 kms away
- National Science Center 3.5 kms away
- Safdarjung's Tomb 5 kms away
- Lotus Temple 9 kms away