The Ahmedabad Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Ahmedabad in Gujarat, India. Currently Ahmedabad Metro network has 6 active stations. Find important and useful information like Ahmedabad Metro route, metro lines, service operation timings, first train, last train, route map, fare chart, top attractions near metro station, metro station nearby, news and more.
|Operator||Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC)|
|Operation start||6 March 2019|
|Number of lines||2 Metro Lines|
|Train length||3 Coaches|
|No. of stations||6 Active Stations|
|Metro Timings||⏱Starting | Ending|
10:00 AM | 06:00 PM
|Metro lines||Terminal station||Terminal station|
|◩ Blue Line||Thal Tej Gam||Vastral Gam|
|◩ Red Line||APMC||Motera Stadium|
Ahmedabad Metro Fare Chart
|Number of Station||Metro Fare (₹)||Smart Card Fare (₹)|
|from 1st station to 3rd station||5||4.5|
|More than 3 stations||10||9|
- The following are the permissible fares for travel within the GMRC network:
- smart card
- Provisional paper ticket (to be used in case of AFC system failure)
- Only children under 3 feet (90 cm) in height are allowed to travel with an adult.
- The purchased token will be valid for use on the business day of purchase. The working day will be treated as per the applicable time table for Revenue Services.
- Travellers can purchase Fair Media/Products by paying through Cash or POS (Debit/Credit Card).
Refund of Token: Only unused CST (not used for admission) can be refunded within 30 minutes from the time of issue
Maximum permissible time: 20 minutes in case of exit from the same station and 90 minutes in case of exit from another station.
Luggage Limit:Passenger is allowed to carry 25 kg of baggage and 80 cm x 50 cm x 30 cm (length x width x height) baggage. Goods of size and/or weight in excess of this limit will not be permitted.
- A fine of Rs.200/- will be paid if caught attempting to take the token outside the GMRC premises.
- Fine of Rs.10/- per hour per person subject to a maximum of Rs. 50/- per person for staying in the paid area for more than the maximum permissible time.
- If the passenger is found without valid ticket in the paid area, then the passenger will have to pay a fine of Rs.50/- plus Rs.
Interesting Facts about Ahmedabad Metro
- Ahmedabad Metro is a rapid transit system that aim to cover cities of Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar in Gujarat, India.
- Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited is a SPV of Government of India and Government of Gujarat building the Ahmedabad Metro.
- Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited known as Metro-Link Express for Gandhinagar And Ahmedabad (MEGA) Company Limited.
- The metro was opened for the public on 6 March 2019 with 6 stations of east-west corridor, and inaugurated on 4 March 2019 by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- This project has two proposed lines (North-South line & East-West Line), while East-West line is operational with for six stations.
- Current train running and operation timings start from 10:00 AM and ends at 06:00 PM.
- The hmedabad Metro project is supposed to cover 40km in phase 1 and 28km in phase 2, while 6.5km is operational currently.
- The metro trains will run on the average speed of 18 km/h (11 mph), thought its top speed is 25 km/h (16 mph).