The Ahmedabad Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Ahmedabad in Gujarat, India. Currently Ahmedabad Metro network has 32 active stations. Find important and useful information like Ahmedabad Metro route, metro lines, service operation timings, first train, last train, route map, fare chart, top attractions near metro station, metro station nearby, news and more.
|Operator||Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC)|
|Operation start||6 March 2019|
|Number of lines||2 Metro Lines|
|Train length||3 Coaches|
|No. of stations||32 Active Stations|
|Metro timings||⏱ Starting | Ending|
10:00 AM | 06:00 PM
|Metro lines||Terminal station||Terminal station|
|▣ Blue Line||Thaltej Gam||Vastral Gam|
|▣ Red Line||Motera Stadium||APMC|
Ahmedabad Metro Fare Chart
|Number of Station||Metro Fare (₹)||Smart Card Fare (₹)|
|from 1st station to 3rd station||5||4.5|
|More than 3 stations||10||9|
- The following are the permissible fares for travel within the GMRC network:
- smart card
- Provisional paper ticket (to be used in case of AFC system failure)
- Only children under 3 feet (90 cm) in height are allowed to travel with an adult.
- The purchased token will be valid for use on the business day of purchase. The working day will be treated as per the applicable time table for Revenue Services.
- Travellers can purchase Fair Media/Products by paying through Cash or POS (Debit/Credit Card).
Refund of Token: Only unused CST (not used for admission) can be refunded within 30 minutes from the time of issue
Maximum permissible time: 20 minutes in case of exit from the same station and 90 minutes in case of exit from another station.
Luggage Limit:Passenger is allowed to carry 25 kg of baggage and 80 cm x 50 cm x 30 cm (length x width x height) baggage. Goods of size and/or weight in excess of this limit will not be permitted.
- A fine of Rs.200/- will be paid if caught attempting to take the token outside the GMRC premises.
- Fine of Rs.10/- per hour per person subject to a maximum of Rs. 50/- per person for staying in the paid area for more than the maximum permissible time.
- If the passenger is found without valid ticket in the paid area, then the passenger will have to pay a fine of Rs.50/- plus Rs.
Interesting Facts about Ahmedabad Metro
- Ahmedabad Metro is a rapid transit system that aim to cover cities of Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar in Gujarat, India.
- Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited is a SPV of Government of India and Government of Gujarat building the Ahmedabad Metro.
- Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited known as Metro-Link Express for Gandhinagar And Ahmedabad (MEGA) Company Limited.
- The metro was opened for the public on 6 March 2019 with 6 stations of east-west corridor, and inaugurated on 4 March 2019 by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- This project has two proposed lines (North-South line & East-West Line), while East-West line is operational with for six stations.
- Current train running and operation timings start from 10:00 AM and ends at 06:00 PM.
- The hmedabad Metro project is supposed to cover 40km in phase 1 and 28km in phase 2, while 6.5km is operational currently.
- The metro trains will run on the average speed of 18 km/h (11 mph), thought its top speed is 25 km/h (16 mph).
About Ahmedabad Metro
- Ahmedabad Metro is a rapid transit system for the cities of Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar in Gujarat state of India.
- In 2003, Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board carried out the study for urban transport between Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation submitted the detailed project report on Ahmedabad Metro in June 2005.
- After that same year in 2005 Central Government approved Ahmedabad Metro project.
- It was abandoned in 2005 to give priority to the Ahmedabad BRTS and suburban railway projects.
- In 2008, Ahmedabad Metro project is designed.
- On 19 October 2014, Union Cabinet of India approved ₹10,773 crore Ahmedabad Metro Project.
- In November 2014 Central Government approved Western Railways land along the Botad-Sabarmati meter gauge line.
- The ground breaking ceremony was held on 14 March 2015 for the construction of 6.5 km.
- The Next ground-breaking ceremony for North-South Corridor was held on 17 January 2016.
- The Ahmedabad Metro construction work started in March 2016.
- The trial runs were carried out in February 2019 on 6.5 km (4.0 mi) long Vastral – Apparel Park section of Phase-1.
- The Ahmedabad Metro was inaugurated on 4 March 2019 by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- On 6 March 2019, Ahmedabad Metro is opened for public.
- The remaining Ahmedabad Metro stations will be completed by December 2023.