The Ahmedabad Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Ahmedabad in Gujarat, India. Currently Ahmedabad Metro network has 6 active stations. Here you will get information about Ahmedabad Metro such as metro lines, train starts from, train ends to, route map, top attractions in city nearby metro stations, interesting facts, fare chart, city metro news etc.
|Operator||Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC)|
|Operation start||6 March 2019|
|Number of lines||2 Metro Lines|
|Train length||3 coaches|
|No. of stations||6 Active Stations|
|Metro Timings||Starting: 10:00 AM |
Ending: 06:00 PM
Ahmedabad Metro Fare Chart
Sorry! Fare Chart Not available.
Interesting Facts about Ahmedabad Metro
- Ahmedabad Metro is a rapid transit system that aim to cover cities of Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar in Gujarat, India.
- Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited is a SPV of Government of India and Government of Gujarat building the Ahmedabad Metro.
- Gujarat Metro Rail Corporation (GMRC) Limited known as Metro-Link Express for Gandhinagar And Ahmedabad (MEGA) Company Limited.
- The metro was opened for the public on 6 March 2019 with 6 stations of east-west corridor, and inaugurated on 4 March 2019 by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- This project has two proposed lines (North-South line & East-West Line), while East-West line is operational with for six stations.
- Current train running and operation timings start from 10:00 AM and ends at 06:00 PM.
- The hmedabad Metro project is supposed to cover 40km in phase 1 and 28km in phase 2, while 6.5km is operational currently.
- The metro trains will run on the average speed of 18 km/h (11 mph), thought its top speed is 25 km/h (16 mph).