The Nagpur Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Nagpur in Maharashtra, India. Currently Nagpur Metro network has 18 active stations. Let's get to know more about Nagpur Metro like metro lines, when does the train start, when does the train end, what is the route map, what are the main attractions around metro stations in the city, fare list and metro news etc.
|Operator||Nagpur Metro Rail (NMR)|
|Operation start||8 March 2019|
|Number of lines||2 Metro Lines|
|Train length||3 Coaches|
|No. of stations||18 Active Stations|
|Metro Timings||⏱Starting | Ending|
05:00 AM | 12:00 PM
Nagpur Metro Fare Chart
Sorry! Fare Chart Not available.
Interesting Facts about Nagpur Metro
- Nagpur Metro (aka Maha Metro) is a rapid transit system for the city of Nagpur, India.
- The network aim is to reduce the congestion on roads, will help to reduce pollution, providing comfortable, reliable and timely transportation at an affordable cost.
- On 20 August 2014, Union Cabinet gave approval for the development of project, and PM Narendra Modi laid foundation stone on 21 August on his visit to the city.
- On 8 March 2019, PM Narendra Modi inaugurated operations via video conferencing along with Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis and UCM Nitin Gadkari.
- DMRC & RITES has been appointed as Interim Consultants. ERNST & YOUNG LLP has been appointed as Consultant for "Smart Card and Automatic Fare Collection System".
- Nagpur Metro has currently two active lines. Line 1 (Orange) from Sitabuldi to Khapri. Line 2 (Aqua) from Sitabuldi to Lokmanya Nagar.
- Nagpur Metro Rail Project will consist of 38.215 Km metro corridor, 38 stations and 2 Depots. The entire stretch will be divided into 2 alignments or corridors North – South Corridor (18 staitons) and East – West Corridor (20 stations).
- There will be 19 Feeder routes covering all stations to provide first & last mile connectivity, Feeder Services such as Shuttle Buses, Battery Operated Vehicles, Pedestrian Facilities & Bicycles.
- Metro has automatic fare collection system with combination of smart cards & computerized paper tickets.
- Metro services starts from 05:00 am to 00:00 midnight.
- Maha-Metro has taken certain PD initiatives so that the overall city infrastructure can be uplifted & promoted. This shall benefit the metro commuters by providing one stop solution to its needs. These initiatives shall also lead to generation of non-fare box revenue for Maha-Metro.
Top Attractions of Nagpur City
|Attraction||Nearest Metro (Distance)|
|All Saints' Cathedral||Sitabuldi (1.8 KM)|
|Ambazari Lake Garden||Ambazari Lake (2.4 KM)|
|Dragon Palace Temple||-|
|Krazy Castle Aqua Park||LAD College (1.2 KM)|
|Lata Mangeshkar Musical Garden||Prajapati Nagar (0.5 KM)|
|Raman Science Center||-|
|Sakkardara Lake Garden||Sitabuldi (4.1 KM)|
|Seminary Hill||Zero Mile (4.8 KM)|
|Shri Swaminarayan Temple||-|
|Sitabuldi Fort||Sitabuldi (0.7 KM)|
|Zero Mile Marker||Zero Mile (0.3 KM)|