The Maha Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Nagpur in Maharashtra, India. Currently Maha Metro network has 37 active stations. Find important and useful information like Maha Metro route, metro lines, service operation timings, first train, last train, route map, fare chart, top attractions near metro station, metro station nearby, news and more.
|Operator||Nagpur Metro Rail (NMR)|
|Operation start||8 March 2019|
|Number of lines||2 Metro Lines|
|Train length||3 Coaches|
|No. of stations||37 Active Stations|
|Metro timings||⏱ Starting | Ending|
05:00 AM | 12:00 PM
|Metro lines||Terminal station||Terminal station|
|▣ Orange Line||Automative Square||Khapri|
|▣ Aqua Line||Prajapati Nagar||Lokmanya Nagar|
Maha Metro Fare Chart
Sorry! Fare Chart Not available.
Interesting Facts about Maha Metro
- Nagpur Metro (aka Maha Metro) is a rapid transit system for the city of Nagpur, India.
- The network aim is to reduce the congestion on roads, will help to reduce pollution, providing comfortable, reliable and timely transportation at an affordable cost.
- On 20 August 2014, Union Cabinet gave approval for the development of project, and PM Narendra Modi laid foundation stone on 21 August on his visit to the city.
- On 8 March 2019, PM Narendra Modi inaugurated operations via video conferencing along with Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis and UCM Nitin Gadkari.
- DMRC & RITES has been appointed as Interim Consultants. ERNST & YOUNG LLP has been appointed as Consultant for "Smart Card and Automatic Fare Collection System".
- Nagpur Metro has currently two active lines. Line 1 (Orange) from Sitabuldi to Khapri. Line 2 (Aqua) from Sitabuldi to Lokmanya Nagar.
- Nagpur Metro Rail Project will consist of 38.215 Km metro corridor, 38 stations and 2 Depots. The entire stretch will be divided into 2 alignments or corridors North – South Corridor (18 staitons) and East – West Corridor (20 stations).
- There will be 19 Feeder routes covering all stations to provide first & last mile connectivity, Feeder Services such as Shuttle Buses, Battery Operated Vehicles, Pedestrian Facilities & Bicycles.
- Metro has automatic fare collection system with combination of smart cards & computerized paper tickets.
- Metro services starts from 05:00 am to 00:00 midnight.
- Maha-Metro has taken certain PD initiatives so that the overall city infrastructure can be uplifted & promoted. This shall benefit the metro commuters by providing one stop solution to its needs. These initiatives shall also lead to generation of non-fare box revenue for Maha-Metro.
About Maha Metro
- Nagpur Metro is a rapid transit system for the city of Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
- Nagpur Metro Metro project was conceived during the year 2012, this time Nagpur city population more than 20 lakh.
- 22 February 2012, the Nagpur Improvement Trust (NIT) signed an agreement with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Detailed Project Report final version submitted in November 2013.
- In November 2014 Union Cabinet approved the Nagpur Metro project.
- After one year later in November 2015 construction work start of Orange Line: North-South Corridor.
- In September 2017 First trial run was conducted on a 5.6 km section between MIHAN area and Khapri station.
- In February 2019 Indian Prime Minister is expected to inaugurate 12.5 km (7.8 mi) long Phase-1 section from Sitabuldi to Khapri in first week for March 2019.
- Finnaly Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate 13 km (8.1 mi) long Sitabuldi to Khapri section on 8 March 2019.
- In August 2021 Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray inaugurated a 1.6 km expansion between Sitabuldi and Kasturchand Park.
- On 11 December 2022 Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the rest of the section of the Orange Line of Nagpur Metro phase I.