The Pune Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Pune in Maharashtra, India. Currently Pune Metro network has 10 active stations. Find important and useful information like Pune Metro route, metro lines, service operation timings, first train, last train, route map, fare chart, top attractions near metro station, metro station nearby, news and more.
|Operation start||6 March 2022|
|Number of lines||3 Metro Lines|
|Train length||3 Coaches|
|No. of stations||10 Active Stations|
|Metro Timings||⏱Starting | Ending|
08:00 AM | 09:00 PM
Pune Metro Fare Chart
|Distance (KM)||Fare (₹)|
|0 - 2||10|
|2 - 4||20|
|4 - 12||30|
|12 - 18||40|
MiCard (Marathi: मी कार्ड), the smart card currently being used on the bus and BRTS services run by the PMPML, will be used as the common mobility card on the metro services as well as parking facilities.
Interesting Facts about Pune Metro
- The Pune Metro is a mass rapid transit system serving the city of Pune, India. The system consists of 3 lines with a total length of 54.58 km.
- The 16.59-km purple line runs from PCMC Bhavan to Swargate, the aqua line runs from Vanaz to Ramwadi covering a distance of 14.66 km.
- The 23.33-km yellow line will run from the Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park in Hinjawadi via Balewadi to Civil Court.
- All three lines will align at the Civil Court interchange station.
- The foundation stone (December 2016) and inauguration of operations (March 2022) for the purple and aqua line was laid by the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi.
- Each train will have 3 coaches, and will run at the speed of 33 km/h with the frequency of 30 min.
- Out of total 3 lines 2 lines which consists 30 stations will be operated by MahaMetro and 1 line which will consists 23 stations by PMRDA.
- An integrated fare system has also been planned to facilitate seamless transfer, however, exact fares for the same travel distance will vary based on the operator between Rs.10 - Rs.50.