The Agra Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Agra in Uttar Pradesh, India. Currently Agra Metro network has 0 active stations. Find important and useful information like Agra Metro route, metro lines, service operation timings, first train, last train, route map, fare chart, top attractions near metro station, metro station nearby, news and more.
|Operator||Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation|
|Operation start||March 2024|
|Number of lines||2 Metro Lines|
|Train length||3 Coaches|
|Metro lines||Terminal station||Terminal station|
|▣ Red Line|
|▣ Blue Line|
Agra Metro Fare Chart
Sorry! Fare Chart Not available.
Interesting Facts about Agra Metro
- Agra\'s metro trains will have the feature of regenerative braking, with the help of which up to 35 percent of the energy generated through the brakes applied in the trains will be regenerated and used again in the system.
- State-of-the-art propulsion system will also be present in these trains to reduce air pollution.
- These trains will have carbon-dioxide sensor based air-conditioning system, which will operate according to the number of passengers present in the train and save energy.
- Keeping in view the automatic train operation, these trains will run with communication based train control system.
- The passenger capacity of the Agra Metro train will be 974 people.
- The design speed of these trains will be up to 90 km/hr and the operational speed will be up to 80 km/hr.
- There will be separate space for wheelchairs in the first and last coach of the train.
- There will be a 'Long Stop Request Button' near the wheelchair location, by pressing which PwD can inform the train operator to keep the door open for longer time.
- Fire extinguishers, smoke detectors and CCTV cameras etc. will be installed in the trains.
- Agra Metro trains will get power from third rail i.e. the third rail running parallel to the tracks, hence there will be no need for setup of poles and wires.
- Each train will have 24 CCTV cameras, whose video feed will directly reach the train operator and the central security room at the depot.
- In this train, by pressing the talk back button, passengers can talk to the train operator in case of emergency. The location of the passenger and the CCTV footage will be displayed directly on the monitor near the train operator.
About Agra Metro
The city of Agra in Uttar Pradesh is currently undergoing the construction of the Agra Metro, an urban Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) spanning a distance of 29.65 km (Phase-1). This ambitious project consists of two lines and will encompass a total of 27 stations. The Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Phase 1 of the Agra Metro was meticulously prepared by RITES and was officially submitted to the Uttar Pradesh state government for approval on June 30, 2016. In an effort to facilitate the project's commencement, the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRCL) was appointed as the coordinating body in 2017, tasked with bringing together all relevant stakeholders involved in the endeavor.Agra Metro Construction work:
In February 2019, the project obtained approval from the Cabinet of the Central Government. Subsequently, in July 2020, the Supreme Court granted permission for its construction, with the condition that the UPMRCL (Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Limited) strictly adhere to 11 specified conditions. On December 7, 2020, construction commenced on the initial 4 km section of Phase 1, specifically the Taj East Gate to Taj Mahal Ramp, which was inaugurated by the Prime Minister through remote means. The Priority Corridor of the project spans 7 km and encompasses six stations (three underground and three elevated), connecting Jama Masjid and Taj East Gate.
The Priority Corridor of Agra Metro is anticipated to be finished and inaugurated in June 2024, slightly delayed from its original deadline of March 2024. The completion of Phase 1 is projected to occur in 2026. The project will be funded through a combination of contributions from the Government of India and the Government of Uttar Pradesh, with both parties sharing equal equity. Additionally, a loan of approximately 450 million Euros (equivalent to around Rs. 4860 crore) from the European Investment Bank (EIB), which was approved in December 2021, will also contribute to the financing of the project.Agra Metro Fares (Ticket Prices)
The fare structure, prices, and regulations for Agra Metro have not yet been disclosed. These details will be determined and announced closer to the commencement of commercial operations. UPMRCL intends to employ state-of-the-art technologies for its automatic fare collection (AFC) system, enabling the utilization of QR codes and Near Field Communication (NFC) phones.List of Agra Metro Lines 2023:
|Lines||Total Length||Total no. of Stations|
|Yellow Line (Sikandra - Taj East Gate)||14.27 km (Approved Line)||14|
|Blue Line (Agra Cantt - Kalindi Vihar)||15.40 km (Approved Line)||16|