The Rapid Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Gurgaon in Haryana, India. Currently Rapid Metro network has 10 active stations. Find important and useful information like Rapid Metro route, metro lines, service operation timings, first train, last train, route map, fare chart, top attractions near metro station, metro station nearby, news and more.
|Operator||Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)|
|Operation start||14 November 2013|
|Number of lines||1 Metro Lines|
|Train length||3 Coaches|
|No. of stations||10 Active Stations|
|Metro timings||⏱ Starting | Ending|
05:30 AM | 11:30 PM
|Metro lines||Terminal station||Terminal station|
|▣ Rapid Line||Sector 55 56||Phase 3|
Rapid Metro Fare Chart
|Destination||Phase 1 Station||Phase 2 Station|
|Origin||P. 3||M.A.||C. C.||B. T.||P. 2||SP||P. 1||S. 42-43||S. 53-54||S. 54||S. 55-56|
Interesting Facts about Rapid Metro
- Rapid Metro, India's first fully privately financed Metro system connecting NH#8 to Delhi Metro via Cyber City & Golf Course Road.
- First Commercial operation commenced on 14th Nov, 2013.
- Currently total no. of stations are 11 in Rapid Metro.
- Train running starts in morning at 6:00 clock till last train 22:00.
- Sinkanderpur metro station is the interchange and connected with Delhi Metro yellow line.
- Rapid Metro is a fully elevated rapid transit system for the commuters and citizens of Gurugram.
- Each train car is provided with four sets of electric bi-parting and sliding plug doors on both sides
- The train draws power supply from third rail, equipped with 750 V DC.
- Ballast-less track & Flange lubrication system minimizes vibration, noise and air pollution.
- Train speed reduces automatically by ATP/ATC system on curves which further reduces sound during turning.
- For the passengers' safety, there are Emergency Stop Plungers at every platform, while the Blue Light Station feature enables passengers to contact the Control Room.
- Promotional Fare for both Phases together is Rs. 20 and Rs. 35.
- DMRC Tocken and SmartCard is applicable in Rapid Metro network.
About Rapid Metro
- Rapid Metro Gurgaon is a light metro system serving the city of Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
- Rapid Metro connects the commercial areas of Gurgaon, and acts as a feeder link to the Delhi Metro with an interchange with its Yellow Line at Sikanderpur metro station.
- A 3.2 km (2.0 mi) metro line between Sikanderpur and National Highway 8 was originally proposed in September 2007.
- In 2008 Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) was invited to construct the metro line.
- A new tender was issued in July 2008, with the DLF-IL&FS consortium emerging as the only bidder.
- At end project was initially conceived as a collaborative venture between Enso Group, DLF and Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS).
- The contract for the ₹9 billion (US$112.7 million) project was awarded in July 2009, with completion scheduled in 30 months' time.
- The foundation stone was laid on 11 August 2009.
- Originally planned to open in 2012, the first phase of the system opened on 14 November 2013.
- Rapid Metro Gurgaon Construction work on Phase 2 began in April 2013, and was given an initial deadline of July 2015.
- The second phase of the system was opened to the public on 31 March 2017.
- On 7th June 2023, Union govt's cabinet approved additional ₹5452 crore 28.5 km long metro network with 27 new stations connecting the existing metro network in Phase III.