The Kanpur Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh, India. Currently Kanpur Metro network has 9 active stations. Find important and useful information like Kanpur Metro route, metro lines, service operation timings, first train, last train, route map, fare chart, top attractions near metro station, metro station nearby, news and more.
|Operator||Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC)|
|Operation start||28 December 2021|
|Number of lines||2 Metro Lines|
|Train length||3 Coaches|
|No. of stations||9 Active Stations|
|Metro timings||⏱ Starting | Ending|
06:00 AM | 10:00 PM
|Metro lines||Terminal station||Terminal station|
|▣ Red Line||IIT Kanpur||Motijheel|
|▣ Blue Line|
Kanpur Metro Fare Chart
|No. of Stations||Metro Token Fare||GoSmart Card Fare|
|1 Station||Rs. 10||Rs. 9|
|2 Stations||Rs. 15||Rs. 13.5|
|3 to 6 Stations||Rs. 20||Rs. 18|
|7 to 9 Stations||Rs. 30||Rs. 27|
|10 to 13 Stations||Rs. 40||Rs. 36|
|14 to 17 Stations||Rs. 50||Rs. 45|
|18 Stations or more||Rs. 60||Rs. 54|
- Get 10% discount on every journey using GoSmart Card.
- Tourist Card available in denomination of Rs. 100 (for unlimited travel for 1 day) and Rs. 250 (for unlimited travel for 3 days).
- Refundable security deposit of Rs. 100 paybale at the time of purchase.
Interesting Facts about Kanpur Metro
- Kanpur Metro is managed by and owned by Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation a joint venture between Kanpur Metro in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation other metro projects in the state are also under construction now such as Agra Metro, Meerut Metro, Varanasi Metro, Prayagraj Metro, Gorakhpur Metro.
- Kanpur Metro Construction of the line began on September 2015, which began its commercial operation on 28 December 2021.
- Kanpur metro has also provided free RO drinking water, toilets, escalators, and lifts at all the stations.
- WiFi is available at each station with free access for smart cardholders.
- The metro could accommodate speeds up to 90 km/h (56 mph) but the typical usage would be at speeds between 32 KM/H to 35 KM/H.
- GoSmart card can be used for non-transport (integrated with Kanpur metro) transactions of Kanpur.
- GoSmart card can be used for other Metros of Uttar Pradesh like Lucknow, Varanasi, Meerut, Agra, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, and Jhansi).
- Token Vending Machine (TVM) and Add Value Machine (AVM) have been installed at all the stations.
- The first metro trainset was taken as a trial run from the assembling area to the depot. Testing of the trainset's doors and signals were also taken, as of 25 October.
- The estimated cost of the Kanpur Metro entire projects is 11,076.48 crore, out of which the cost of the priority section has been Rs 2,100 crore. While the European Investment Bank (EIB) has sanctioned a loan of Rs 5,551.99 cr (Euro 650 million), the remaining cost is being shared by the Union and the state governments.
About Kanpur Metro
- The Kanpur Metro is a mass rapid transit (MRT) system in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- The metro is owned and operated by the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC).
- In September 2015 Proposed formation of Kanpur Metro Rail Corporation.
- In Mar 2016, Uttar Pradesh Government approves the Detail Project Report.
- In Sep 2018, Detailed Project Report sent by Uttar Pradesh Government to the central government.
- In Nov 2019, CM of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath formally inaugurates civil work for Kanpur Metro.
- In July 2021, The construction of IIT Metro Station, the first metro station of the priority section of Kanpur Metro, is almost complete.
- In November 2021 Uttar pradesh cheif minister Yogi Adityanath to flag off Kanpur Metro trial run on the entire priority Corridor on 10 November, as of 8 November.
- In December 2021, India's Prime Minister Narender Modi inaugurated the start of commercial operations of Kanpur Metro on 28 December.