The Bangalore Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Bangalore in Karnataka, India. Currently Bangalore Metro network has 51 active stations. Find important and useful information like Bangalore Metro route, metro lines, service operation timings, first train, last train, route map, fare chart, top attractions near metro station, metro station nearby, news and more.
|Operator||Namma Metro Bangalore|
|Operation start||20 October 2011|
|Number of lines||2 Metro Lines|
|Train length||6 Coaches|
|No. of stations||51 Active Stations|
|Metro Timings||⏱Starting | Ending|
05:30 AM | 11:00 PM
Bangalore Metro Fare Chart
Sorry! Fare Chart Not available.
Interesting Facts about Bangalore Metro
- Bangalore Metro or Bengaluru Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Bangalore, India.
- Bangalore Metro als known as "Namma Metro" ("Our Metro" in Kannada). This is the First Metro rail project in India commissioned with 750V DC Third Rail on Standard Guage.
- It is the first metro rail service started in Southern India, and also it also contains the first underground metro line in Southern India.
- Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL), a joint venture of Government of India and Government of Karnataka is a Special Purpose Vehicle entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of Bangalore Metro Rail Project.
- Civil construction on the first section, the stretch of the Purple Line between Baiyyappanahalli and Mahatma Gandhi Road, commenced on 15 April 2007. The section opened to the public on 20 October 2011 by Union Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath.
- The eastwest corridor is named Purple Line (Purple Line) And the northernmost corridor is named Green Line (Green Line).
- Namma metro runs on speed of Max 80 Kmph and Average 34Kmph.
- On Purple line first train starts at 05:00 AM and last train 23:35 PM towards MYSORE ROAD. And Towards BAIYAPPANAHALLI first train at 05:00 AM and last train at 23:40 PM.
- NAGASANDRA To YELECHENAHALLI First train at 05:00 AM and Last train at 23:25 PM.
- The Ticket media used in Namma Metro is primarily contactless technology. These are: Tokens (for single journey) and Contactless Smart Cards (for multiple journeys).
- Tickets are not required for children below 3 feet. No age criteria is considered.
- Penalty for ticketless travel or lost ticket is Rs.200/- apart from maximum token fare.
- Add-value in the Smart Card shall be valid for one year from the date of last add-value. The validity extension can be done by paying administrative charges of Rs. 20/- at Customer Care Center of any station.