The Lucknow Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh, India. Currently Lucknow Metro network has 21 active stations. Here you will get information about Lucknow Metro such as metro lines, train starts from, train ends to, route map, top attractions in city nearby metro stations, interesting facts, fare chart, city metro news etc.
|Operator||Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC)|
|Operation start||27 September 2014|
|Number of lines||1 Metro Lines|
|Train length||4 coaches|
|No. of stations||21 Active Stations|
|Metro Timings||Starting: 06:00 AM |
Ending: 10:00 PM
Lucknow Metro Fare Chart
|No. of Stations||Metro Token Fare||GoSmart Card Fare|
|1 Station||Rs. 10||Rs. 9|
|2 Stations||Rs. 15||Rs. 13.5|
|3 to 6 Stations||Rs. 20||Rs. 18|
|7 to 9 Stations||Rs. 30||Rs. 27|
|10 to 13 Stations||Rs. 40||Rs. 36|
|14 to 17 Stations||Rs. 50||Rs. 45|
|18 Stations or more||Rs. 60||Rs. 54|
- Get 10% discount on every journey using GoSmart Card.
- Tourist Card available in denomination of Rs. 100 (for unlimited travel for 1 day) and Rs. 250 (for unlimited travel for 3 days).
- Refundable security deposit of Rs. 100 paybale at the time of purchase.
Interesting Facts about Lucknow Metro
- Lucknow Metro is a Mass Rapid Transit System for the city of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Convenient, fast, cost-effective and an eco-friendly mode of transport.
- Construction of the line begun on 27 September 2014, which began its commercial operation on 5 September 2017
- Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC) has been renamed as Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC).
- Lucknow metro servcies starts from 06:00 AM (first train) and last train runs at 22:00 PM.
- LMRC has also provided free RO drinking water, toilets, escalators and lifts at all the stations.
- WiFi is available at each station with free access for smart card holders.
- GoSmart Card can be used for non-transport (integrated with Lucknow Metro) transations of Lucknow.
- GoSmart Card can be used for other Metros of Uttar Pradesh like Kanpur, Varanasi, Meerut, Agra, Allahabad, Gorakhpur and Jhansi).
- Token Vending Machine (TVM) and Add Value Machine (AVM) have been installed at all the stations.
- Lucknow metro invites people to become 'Metro Marvels' by registering. This unique initiative that would give you and opportunity to be part of LMRC Family to share joy and pride moments of Lucknow Metro.
- In January 2017, Hindi film 'Behen Hogi Teri' became the first film to shoot scenes on the metro premises.
- Lucknow Metro's security is based on a hybrid model. The Uttar Pradesh Police, which has raised a dedicated squad of 393 personnel for this purpose from PAC.
- The metro could accommodate speeds up to 90 km/h (56 mph) but the typical usage would be at speeds between 32 KM/H to 35 KM/H.
- The front shape of train shows the spirit of the fabulous Roomi Gate, Bara-Imambara & Asifi Masjid.
- Train exterior is a tribute to the cultural richness of the city of Lucknow.
- Fine starts Rs. 50 to upto Rs.5000 or imprisonment. Fine depends of the category of offence.
Top Attractions of Lucknow City
|Attraction||Nearest Metro (Distance)|
|Ambedkar Park||Badshah Nagar (2.8 KM)|
|Aminabad Market||Aminabad (0.7 KM)|
|Bara Imambara||Charbagh Railway Station (4.4 KM)|
|British Residency||KD Singh Babu Stadium (1.2 KM)|
|Chandrika Devi Temple||-|
|Chattar Manzil||KD Singh Babu Stadium (0.6 KM)|
|Chota Imambara||Charbagh Railway Station (5.1 KM)|
|Chowk||Charbagh Railway Station (4.2 KM)|
|Constantia House||Sachivalaya (2.1 KM)|
|Dilkusha Kothi||Sachivalaya (2.7 KM)|
|Fun Republic Mall||Bhootnath Market (3.9 KM)|
|Gomti Riverfront Park||Badshah Nagar (2.3 KM)|
|Hazratganj Market||Hazratganj (0.5 KM)|
|Husainabad Clock Tower||Charbagh Railway Station (5.0 KM)|
|Indira Gandhi Planetarium||Charbagh Railway Station (4.1 KM)|
|Jama Masjid||KD Singh Babu Stadium (4.1 KM)|
|Janeshwar Mishra Park||Badshah Nagar (4.7 KM)|
|Nawab Wahid Ali Shah Zoological Garden||Sachivalaya (1.0 KM)|
|Ram Manohar Lohiya Park||Bhootnath Market (1.9 KM)|
|Rumi Darwaza||Charbagh Railway Station (4.7 KM)|
|Satkhanda||KD Singh Babu Stadium (3.8 KM)|
|State Museum||Sachivalaya (1.3 KM)|