The Navi Mumbai Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Navi Mumbai in Maharashtra, India. Currently Navi Mumbai Metro network has 0 active stations. Find important and useful information like Navi Mumbai Metro route, metro lines, service operation timings, first train, last train, route map, fare chart, top attractions near metro station, metro station nearby, news and more.
|Operator||City and Industrial Development Corporation (CIDCO)|
|Number of lines||1 Metro Lines|
|Train length||3 Coaches|
|Metro lines||Terminal station||Terminal station|
|▣ Blue Line|
Navi Mumbai Metro Fare Chart
Sorry! Fare Chart Not available.
Interesting Facts about Navi Mumbai Metro
- The total number of metro lines in Navi Mumbai Metro is 1.
- The total number of metro stations is 20.
- The total length of Navi Mumbai Metro is 106.4 km, 23 km length is under construction and 83 km length is planned.
- The total number of coaches in Navi Mumbai Metro is 3.
- Navi Mumbai Metro is a rapid transit system.
- The total estimated cost of Navi Mumbai Metro Line 2 from Taloje MIDC to Khandeshwar is Rs. 2820.20 crores.
- The total number of stations between Taloje MIDC to Khandeshwar are 6.
- The total estimated cost of Navi Mumbai Metro Line 3 from Taloje MIDC to Pendar is Rs. 1750.14 crores.
- The total number of stations between Taloje MIDC to Pendar are 3.
- The total estimated cost of Navi Mumbai Metro Line 4 from Khandeshwar to Navi Mumbai International Airport (NMIA) is Rs. 1270.17 crores.
- Khandeshwar to Navi Mumbai International Airport (NMIA) stations are elevated and underground.
About Navi Mumbai Metro
The Navi Mumbai Metro, a Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS), is being built to serve Navi Mumbai (Belapur, Kharghar, Taloja & more) in Maharashtra by CIDCO. Construction of Phase 1, an 11.10 km line from CBD Belapur to Pendhar with 11 stations, began in November 2011. Due to delays in approvals, poor project management, and a lack of government interest.
While the Maharashtra government proposed a 106.40 km master plan with 6 lines, its implementation seems unlikely. The construction of Navi Mumbai Airport in Palvel – Ulwe may influence the announcement of new metro lines in the future. In June 2019, CIDCO granted DMRC the in-principle approval to implement Line-2 and Line-3 in Navi Mumbai. Subsequently, DMRC initiated local recruitment in October to fill various positions.Navi Mumbai Metro Construction work:
Navi Mumbai Metro Construction work is divided in to three phases:
|MIDC Taloja-Kalamboli–Khandeshwar(extension to Airport proposed)||10.30 KM||8|
|Interlink between Pendhar and MIDC||02 KM||1|
The 23.40-kilometer (14.54 mi) Line 1 has 20 stations, connecting CBD Belapur, Kharghar, Taloja, Taloja MIDC, Kalamboli, Kamothe, Khandeshwar railway station, and terminating at the proposed Navi Mumbai International Airport. In mid-2012, CIDCO awarded a ₹321 crore (US$40 million) contract for constructing the 11.1 km (6.9 mi) Belapur to Pendhar section to a consortium of Sanjose (Spain), Mahavira Road and Infrastructure (Navi Mumbai), and Supreme Infrastructure (Mumbai). Originally, the project had a deadline of 2016, which was later extended to mid-2017 and then mid-2018. As of January 2017, only 60% of the station work had been completed.Navi Mumbai Metro Fares (Ticket Prices):
The fare details, costs, and regulations for Navi Mumbai Metro have not been disclosed. CIDCO, a stakeholder in the Maha Mumbai Metro network, intends to incorporate advanced technologies in its automatic fare collection (AFC) system, enabling QR codes and NFC phones for system access.
Navi Mumbai Metro News & Updates
The City and Industrial Development Corporation (CIDCO), the nodal agency for the Navi Mumbai Metro (NMM) project, has approved implementation of NMM Line 2, 3 and 4 with modified mode of transport viz MetroNeo in place of standard gauge Metro.
The development comes as the metro agency is readying to operationalise Line 1 once the final statutory clearance of Commission of Railway Safety (CMRS) is received.