The Mumbai Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Mumbai in Maharashtra, India. Currently Mumbai Metro network has 12 active stations. Find important and useful information like Mumbai Metro route, metro lines, service operation timings, first train, last train, route map, fare chart, top attractions near metro station, metro station nearby, news and more.
|Operator||Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC)|
|Operation start||8 June 2014|
|Number of lines||1 Metro Lines|
|Train length||4 Coaches|
|No. of stations||12 Active Stations|
|Metro Timings||⏱Starting | Ending|
08:30 AM | 08:30 PM
|Metro lines||Terminal station||Terminal station|
|◩ Blue Line||Versova||Ghatkopar|
|◩ Yellow Line||(Dahisar West||D.N. Nagar|
|◩ Aqua Line||(Cuffe Parade||Aarey Depot|
|◩ Green Line||(Kasarvadavali||Wadala|
|◩ Orange Line||(Kapurbawdi||Kalyan APMC|
|◩ Pink Line||(Swami Samarth Nagar||Vikhroli EEH|
|◩ Red Line||(Dahisar East||Andheri (East)|
|◩ Gold Line||(Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Airport||Navi Mumbai International Airport|
|◩ Red Line||(Dahisar East||Subhash Chandra Bose Stadium|
|◩ Green Line||(Gaimukh(Thane)||Shivaji Chowk (Mira Road)|
|◩ Green Line||(Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus||Ganesh Nagar|
|◩ Orange Line||(Kalyan Apmc||Taloja|
|◩ Purple Line||(Mira Road||Virar|
|◩ Magenta Line||(Vikhroli||Kanjurmarg|
Mumbai Metro Fare Chart
|No. of Stations||Fare (Rs.)|
|Less than 3 Stations||10|
|3 to 5 Stations||20|
|6 to 9 Stations||30|
|More than 9 Stations||40|
|Store Value Pass (SVP) customers are eligible for Cash-Back as per the following|
|Recharge Amount (Rs.)||Cash-back %||Cash-back Amount (Rs.)|
|600+||10%||Rs.10 per Rs.100|
Please note that the trip passes are not refundable and the remaining trip/amount cannot be carried forward.
- Children upto 3 feet height can travel free on all days.
- On Weekends children below 12 years can travel to any destination on a flat promotional fare of Rs 10/-.
Interesting Facts about Mumbai Metro
- The Mumbai Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Mumbai, Maharashtra, and the wider metropolitan region.
- It is being built in three phases over a 15-year period, with overall completion expected in 2025.
- As of August 2020, Mumbai metro consisted of 1 operational line (Line 1 - elevated metro from Versova to Ghatkopar).
- In June 2006, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh laid the foundation stone for the first phase of the Mumbai Metro project.
- A successful trial run was conducted in May 2013, and first line of the system entered into operation on 8 June 2014.
- Mumbai Metro fare starts Rs. 10 to Rs. 40 for Single Journey Token.
- When completed, the core system will comprise eight high-capacity metro railway lines, spanning a total of 235 kilometres.
- The 33.5-kilometre (20.8 mi) Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ line will be built at a cost of Rs.21,000 crore (US$2.9 billion), and will be the city's first underground metro line.
- MML-3 to be 100% Electricity Driven System, leading to zero carbon emission
- Capacity of each train is approximately 2500 passengers.
- The design speed of the train is 90 kmph. The commercial speed of the train will be 35 kmph including stoppages.
- Automatic fare collection system and contact-less smart card will ensure "zero" revenue loss.
- Penalties starts from Rs. 50 to Rs. 5000 or Imprisonment on various offences.
- For the convenience of our passengers, there are many signages installed to guide you to the entrances and exits.
- The metro station is divided into paid and unpaid area. The unpaid area houses the ticket counters, Ticket Issuing Machines (TIMs) and Remaining Value Checking Terminal (RVCTs). You can purchase a ticket and use it to enter the paid area through the AFC gates.
- QR code Based Mobile tickets can be purchased through Paytm & Ridlr App.
- Mumbai Metro has Black Box (like airplanes) to record all vital information (1st time in a Metro in India).
- Metro has an average speed ~33 kmph, Maximum speed ~80 kmph, Design Speed ~ 90 kmph.
- The 1st train will leave from Versova at 05:20 hrs and VIVO Ghatkopar at 05:29 hrs. The last train from Versova will leave at 23:20 hrs. The last train from VIVO Ghatkopar will leave at 23:46 hrs. But Subject to change from time to time.
Top Attractions of Mumbai City
|Attraction||Nearest Metro (Distance)|
|Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus||Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (3.9 KM)|
|Clue Hunt Mumbai||Jagruti Nagar (4.8 KM)|
|Gateway of India||-|
|Haji Ali Dargah||-|
|Hakone Entertainment Centre||Jagruti Nagar (3.5 KM)|
|Juhu Beach||Versova (3.8 KM)|
|Kidzania||Ghatkopar (2.4 KM)|
|Mumbai Film City||-|
|Red Carpet Wax Museum||Jagruti Nagar (1.6 KM)|
|Sanjay Gandhi National Park||-|
|Siddhivinayak Temple||Siddhivinayak (2.9 KM)|
|Snow World||Jagruti Nagar (1.5 KM)|
|Veermata Jijabai Bhosale Zoo||-|
|Worli Sea Face||Worli (1.2 KM)|
Mumbai Metro News
Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) on Wednesday (30 November) completed 100 per cent tunnelling of Metro-3 corridor. The first section of the Mumbai Metro Line-3 between Aarey Colony and Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC) will be operational by December 2023.