|Location||Afzal Gunj, Hyderabad (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||Timings:- This market opens from Monday to Saturday 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM but remains closed on Sunday.|
|Place Type||Street Market, Shop, Shopping Places|
|Place visit with||Family, Friends, Couple|
|Best time to visit||March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December|
About Begum Bazar
Begum Bazaar is one of the oldest and historical markets of Hyderabad, dating back to the Nizam times. The land of Begum Bazaar was gifted to the traders of Hyderabad by Humada Begum, wife of His Highness Nizam Ali Khan Asaf Jah II, for trade and commerce. After developing into a market, this market came to be known as Begum Bazaar. It is known for its wholesale markets where traders and shopkeepers buy various goods including textiles, clothing, spices, hardware, kitchenware and much more to sell in other parts of the city and beyond.
This market is especially famous for its textile and clothing shops. You can find a wide range of fabrics, including silk, cotton and synthetic materials as well as ready-to-wear, traditional Indian attire and western clothing. Begum Bazaar is a great place to buy spices, herbs and groceries. You can find a variety of kitchenware and home accessories in the market, including stainless steel utensils, cookware, crockery and home decor.
Interesting facts about Begum Bazar
- Like many markets in Hyderabad, Begum Bazaar also comes alive during festivals, especially during Diwali and Ramzan.
- While exploring Begum Bazaar, you can also taste some of the traditional street food and snacks of Hyderabad.
- The market plays an important role in the local economy, providing employment opportunities for many people including traders, shopkeepers and labourers.
- Begum Bazaar is centrally located and easily accessible by road.
How to reach Begum Bazar
By Bus:- The nearest bus stop to Begum Bazaar is High Court. It is a 4 minute walk.
By Rail:- The nearest MMTS railway station to the market is at Malakpet, it is at a walking distance of 21 minutes.
By Metro:- Nearest metro station to the market is MGBS. It is a 9 minute walk.
Nearby famous places
- Charminar 2 km away
- Mecca Masjid 2 Km away
- Salar Jung Museum 2.5 km away
- Chowmahalla Palace 3 Kms away
- Golconda Fort 10 km away
- Qutub Shahi Tomb 8 Kms away
- Nizam's Museum 3.5 km away