|Owaisi Pura, Hyderabad (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- The museum is open on all days from 10.30 am to 5 pm. Entry Fee:- Entry is free for the most part, but they sometimes charge a nominal fee of Rs.10 per person.
|Govt. Museum & Memorials, Museums
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Solo, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|May, June, July, August
|Errum Manzil Metro Station (2 KM) Khairatabad Metro Station (1 KM) Lakdi Ka Pul Metro Station (1 KM) Assembly Metro Station (2 KM)
About Nehru Centenary Tribal Museum
The Nehru Centenary Tribal Museum is located within the Nehru Zoological Park complex, in the heart of Hyderabad. The primary objective of the museum is to educate visitors about the diverse tribal cultures, traditions and art forms found across India. It aims to preserve and promote the heritage of the tribal communities of India. There is a wide variety of artefacts here, including traditional clothing, jewellery, weapons, tools, musical instruments and artefacts made by various tribal groups. These exhibits provide information about the unique customs, beliefs and lifestyle of India's tribal communities. In addition to indoor exhibits, there are often outdoor exhibits showcasing tribal dwellings, huts, and other structures commonly used by tribal communities.
Architecture of Nehru Centenary Tribal Museum
The museum is two-storied and includes a mini-auditorium that shows films on tribal culture and development and a library that houses over 14,500 books on tribal communities in India and around the world.
Interesting facts about Nehru Centenary Tribal Museum
- These museums play an important role in showcasing the diverse traditions, customs, art forms and lifestyle of different tribal groups.
- Tribal museums provide a platform to the visitors to learn about and appreciate the diversity of tribal cultures of India.
- Museums typically contain a wide range of tribal artifacts, including clothing, jewelry, tools, weapons, masks, and art pieces.
- Many Aboriginal museums also run educational programmes, workshops and exhibitions to raise awareness of Aboriginal history, art and issues.
- Tribal museums are often established in collaboration with government agencies, tribal development organizations and NGOs.
How to reach Nehru Centenary Tribal Museum
By Metro :- The nearest metro station to Nehru Shatabdi Tribal Museum is Khairatabad which is 0.98 kms away.
By Rail :- The nearest railway station to the museum is Lakdi Ka Pul. It is about 0.90 kilometer away from it.
By Bus:- The nearest bus stop to the museum is Masab Tank which is 15 minutes away.
Nearby famous places
- Birla Mandir 4 Kms away
- Birla Science Museum 2 km away
- Hussain Sagar Lake 7 kms away
- Lumbini Park 1 km away
- Snow World 5 kms away
- Charminar 10 kms away